v1.7 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

v1.7 Released!

Post by tickstory »

(Please note, there is a selection box in the top-right to translate this text into your native language)
(Пожалуйста, обратите внимание, что это окно выбора в правом верхнем углу, чтобы перевести этот текст на ваш родной язык)
(Si prega di notare, c'è una casella di selezione in alto a destra per tradurre questo testo nella tua lingua)
(Bitte beachten Sie, gibt es eine Auswahlliste in der oberen rechten Ecke, um diesen Text in Ihre Muttersprache zu übersetzen)
(Felhívjuk figyelmét, van egy válogatás doboz jobb felső lefordítani ezt a szöveget a saját anyanyelvén)
(Por favor, tenga en cuenta, hay un cuadro de selección en la parte superior derecha de traducir este texto a su lengua materna)
(S'il vous plaît noter, il ya une boîte de sélection dans le coin supérieur droit de traduire ce texte dans votre langue maternelle)
(请注意,有一个选择框的右上角,以这段文字翻译成自己的母语)
(選択ボックスは、あなたの母国語にこのテキストを翻訳するための右上にありますが、注意してください)
(يرجى ملاحظة، هناك مربع التحديد في أعلى اليمين لترجمة هذا النص إلى لغتك الأصلية)

The latest version of Tickstory is now available to licensed users!
The following updates have been made to this latest version:

New features
• [artf235860] MT4 Export: Support for exporting tick count as volume.
• [artf235797] MT4 Export: Support for embedding "real" spread in export (Note: This only affects the data export file.
The Tickstory launcher does not currently support variable spread. This feature is provided for those utilising Birt's TDS - See http://cd710nh5qn5ax84ol4ncpnfp99.hop.c ... t/?tid=V17
).

Improvements
• [artf235860] MT4 Export: 'Suppress volume' not checked by default and will instead export actual ticks.
• [artf286803] Improved Russian translation (thanks to Rever27).

Fixes
• [artf286802] URI exception sometimes occurred on startup.

Detailed information about this version

- Volume now is expressed in ticks. This means by default the "suppress volume info" is now unchecked and the number of ticks in a bar will be exported in the volume field.

- Spread can now be embedded by checking the corresponding check-box as shown in the screenshot. This allows back-testing with variable spreads*. When this option is checked, an extra field within the MT4 database export will contain the spread, expressed as an integer.
That is, if your broker is 5 digit and the current bid/ask spread is 2.5 pips, the value "25" will be embedded. If your broker is 4 digit, the spread will be "2". This conforms with the way spread is handled by MT4 in the "spread" field within the back-tester.
An additional "padding" value can be added to the spread value to see how your EA responds to varying spreads. This value is an integer and will be added to the bid/ask spread that is calculated. For a 5-digit broker, specifying 1 in this value will change the spread of 2.5 pips into 2.6 pips (and the value 26 will be embedded in the MT4 export).
For a 4-digit broker, specifying 1 will change a 2.5 pip spread to 3.5 (and the integer value of "3" will be embedded into the export).

*Note that variable spread back-testing is currently only supported by Birt's TDS at this stage (See http://cd710nh5qn5ax84ol4ncpnfp99.hop.c ... t/?tid=V17).
V1.7
V1.7
How to get the latest version

For those already issued with a license, you can download this version from the link you were originally emailed. For those who would like to get the latest update, you can order it here:

http://sites.fastspring.com/tickstory/p ... w_contents

Once your payment is cleared, you will be issued with a license key and the link to the latest version of Tickstory via email. To enable the latest features, select Help->License from the main menu and enter the key you were issued.
Access to the software is given on a per-user basis and each user has permission to install it on a maximum of 2 machines that they own (each additional license serves an additional 2 machines). No other terms of the software license and support change (although we always prioritise those who show their support!)
(Please note that sharing your registration details with other users will not only result in bad karma but could result in your software being deactivated. If you value the software, please value our service - every license helps us to help you).

How is this version different to the free version?
  • The paid version supports back-testing on MT4 Builds 840+. The free version requires you to use an earlier version of MT4.
  • We are also providing free updates for paid users for at least 1 month from the date of registration. (Since August we have endeavoured to provide on-going updates for our users for free, however this will change, so get in early to benefit as much as possible!)
  • We have already provided 4 updates to the software that include enhancements and fixes.
  • Paid users also get priority responses from support.
For those needing more background information, you can read the notes from our earlier release here: http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=696

Thanks for your support and happy back-testing!

Danchik

Re: v1.7 Released!

Post by Danchik »

Hi, I bought a week ago, before the license, how you can upgrade to the new 1.7?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Danchik,

Just use the link you were originally sent with your purchase and it will contain the updated version.

Regards.

Pipperoni

Post by Pipperoni »

Sorry, not working for me! All with the same settings, but BT gives no results. Had to delete the new install and go back to version 1.6. All is working like before now !

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pipperoni,

Thanks for the feedback. The only change that could be affecting your results is if your EA is sensitive to volume information? If you try to re-select the "Suppress Volume", does this fix the problem?

Thanks.

Sunnybeach

Post by Sunnybeach »

when "Embed Spread" option is check?, what spread should be set in the MT4(Offline) for back test?

Is that "Current"?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sunnybeach,

If you're embedding spread then it should not matter what spread setting you have on the Strategy Tester. Just to reiterate from above, you need to have Birt's TDS installed to utilise this feature.

Regards.

bestru

Post by bestru »

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bestru,

Please apply the license key you were provided by selecting Help->License from the menu. Make sure you have also specified your MT4 Installation folder in File->Settings->MT4 Settings. Once you have done this, please try launching again.

Thanks.

ChuckNZ

Post by ChuckNZ »

I just upgraded to 1.7 and was hoping that a bug that cropped up a few versions back was fixed by now. Surely, I can't be the only person having this problem?

I can pin it down to anything specific, so I assume it's just random. Although software glitches are not usually random.

Most times, when I export a pair to MT4, the fxt files are NOT read only. I have to do this manually or risk having the files destroyed by MT4 before I get to use them. Not a big deal to manually set them to read-only, but that is one of the boxes I tick when I export data.

Hopefully, someone can fix this problem or tell me if I might be doing something wrong. I don't convert all timeframes, so that could be an issue?