v1.7 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: v1.7 Released!

Post by tickstory »

irythee wrote:Hi all, may i know how do you guys update your history data? I've a problem with that.
Example i have export history data from 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Dec 2015 to my MT4.
And i want to add a new data that's from 1 Jan 2016 to 31 Jan 2016, so that i can have history data from 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Jan 2016.
But after i export the new data to MT4, my old data 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Dec2015 is missing.
Do i really need to export from 1 Jan 2015 everytime i want to update my history data?
Hi Irythee,

That's correct. For the moment, you need to export the entire period for which you wish to update. We are still working on a feature that would allow incremental updates.

Regards.

knockroe

Post by knockroe »

I used the link that came with my purchase but it says Tickstory_v1.7.4.zip (Not Available)

Please help

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Knockroe,

We've previously tried to email you and PM you to assist you but unfortunately you didn't seem to get the messages. We cannot find your email address in our license records, so could you please update your details so we can assist?

Thanks.

adaptivefx

Post by adaptivefx »

knockroe wrote:I used the link that came with my purchase but it says Tickstory_v1.7.4.zip (Not Available)

Please help
Hi,

I have the same problem. Using the link that was sent when I purchased says the latest version is not available.

How can I download the latest?

Thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adaptivefx,

Could you kindly try again?

Thanks.

hishamzz

Post by hishamzz »

Hi Folks.

Why does it mention support till version 830 odd when i try to purchase TickStory? Is this a reason for concern or is it just that the page is not updated?
Awaiting your response prior to taking the leap.

Hisham

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hisham,

Thanks for pointing this out, it has now been updated. We maintain information about MT4 Build Support on this page now:

http://tickstory.com/download-tickstory/

Regards.

hishamzz

Post by hishamzz »

Hi Team,

I followed the steps given in http://tickstory.com/articles/tickstory ... -released/
To summarize :-
(1) Launch MT4 via TickStory
(2) Assign required spread to the Spread tab
(3) Select Control Points model
(4) Click on Start and wait till the backtesting starts
(5) Stop backtesting, select Every tick model
(6) Click on Start once more again

Unfortunately I do not see the set spreads taking effect in backtesting. Testing on weekends has this effect?

For example if a sell stop was set at 1.10734
And the spread is 10
I would expect the sell to be triggered at 1.10744.

Looking at the results tab though, i see that the orders are being fulfilled at the pending order price - 1.10734 (without taking into account spread).

Please advice.

Regards,
Hisham

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hisham,

You can definitively test the current spread value by inserting the following code into your EA:

Print("Spread (MODE_SPREAD): " + DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD)));

Just make sure that when you perform Step 4) that you have waited sufficient time for the back-tester to begin (on slower machines it sometimes lags and therefore does not update the spread).

Hope this resolves the issue for you.

art

Post by art »

Could you email the download link again?
Thanks