Data error while downloading

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
erickconellius

Data error while downloading

Post by erickconellius »

Hi i keep on getting error on downloading the data and exporting the data

tickstory

Re: Data error while downloading

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erick,

Would you know why the data directory mentioned in the error is continually changing? Are you changing these settings or working under some sort of virtualised environment?
If none of the above apply, could you please re-try downloading the same date ranges again to see if you get the error? Usually this problem is caused by missing/corrupt data and whenever Tickstory encounters the problem it automatically recovers by re-downloading the data. This means the next time you attempt to export the same data, you should not see this error.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

erickconellius

Post by erickconellius »

I change the directory because i read from the forum they said in windows 8.1 there is a problem with user control at C:
so im changin it to D: but still have the same problem wherever the location of the Directory i change it always error.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Ok, that solves the problem as to why the data directory keeps changing. The error you are getting doesn't seem to be related to "access denied" which is what you get if you don't have sufficient UAC permissions. Instead, it seems that the existing data is corrupted for some reason. Could you please do the following:

1) In Tickstory, right-click on the log window and "clear" all existing entries.
2) Download data from 1st May 2015 to 1st July 2015.
3) Note any errors that occur and save them on Notepad or another text editor.
4) Clear the log window again.
5) Re-download the same date range and see if the errors occur again.

After step 5, you should not see any errors as Tickstory should have re-downloaded the data. If the "Data error" still recurs, something more unusual is happening and will need to be investigated further.

Thanks.

erickconellius

Post by erickconellius »

Still Error.. i dont know what the problem is

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erick,

It appears that you are only occasionally getting corrupted files. Is it possible that your internet connection is disconnecting/overloaded? Do you have a different machine and/or connection so you can rule out these possibilities?
To test your internet connection, could you please click on the following link to see if it downloads successfully: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/EURUS ... _ticks.bi5 It should be 11.7kb in size.
Then, could you please check the file D:\Data\EURUSD\2015\04\01\00h_ticks.bi5 and ensure it is the same size?
After that, could you please delete D:\Data\EURUSD\2015\04\01\00h_ticks.bi5 and see if the problem occurs again? Perhaps Tickstory does not have sufficient permissions to delete this file to re-download it.

Thanks.

ChrisAnja

Post by ChrisAnja »

It has been long enough, but i'll try to answer. In some country, the international (outside) brokers were banned. So, the tickstory can't access the server. Maybe the same happen in your country. My suggest is using vpn, (so many vpn service out there. free or premium is up to you). Or another way is buy a vps, download tickstory data that you want to, then upload it to cloud ex:google drive. After that, download it from cloud to your computer. Done.