Back-testing questions

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Forexman77

Back-testing questions

Post by Forexman77 »

Dear tickstory,

I have tried the new update and it seems to work but there are some issues:

1- The backtest is skipping some months from some years and not all months are tested. What can i do to prevent this? or this is an issue in the metatreader itself?.

2- I have an expert adviser and it used to work on previous versions of tickstory however now it does not finish but stops in somewhere during the backtest and i have to start all over again. And if it work it doesn't work properly like not executing some commands and doesn't place orders as it has been programmed to.

3- Is there any place where i can get some old versions of metatreader? something like 700+?

Thank you for your work.

tickstory

Re: Back-testing questions

Post by tickstory »

Hi Forexman,

Regarding your questions:

1) Just double-check that all the data you exported is appearing correctly in the Metatrader charts and also in the History Center. This will rule out any possible export issues. After this, you'll need to hone in with why you believe the EA is "skipping" some months. Use "MACD Sample" EA first - if all is well, then it's likely that your EA is giving you issues or there is some criteria preventing it from trading.

2) Again, you will need to trouble-shoot the EA to see why it's stopping. Check the error logs to see why this might be occurring. The only known limitation that could be causing a problem outside of this is if your FXT data files are greater than 4GB. If this is the case, you will need to reduce your back-testing range until the file size is under 4GB.

3) The executables for Build 765 can be found here:
http://www.tickstory.com/files/Metatrader.765.zip

Hope this helps.