v1.6 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: v1.6 Released!

Post by tickstory »

Hi Matinhas,

- It will allow optimization on MT4?
Users have been using it with optimisation. You can try things out with v1.5 and an earlier version of MT4 to make sure it does what you want. If it works with v1.5 it will work with v1.6.

- will be possible to download ticks from other servers, like FXOpen?
The only data source we support at the moment is Dukascopy who provide quite reliable tick-level data.

Regards.

primito

Post by primito »

Thanks for your great and hard work...

this is a really good idea to give the nice tool out to your customers for a little support amount.
I bought it and i appreciate to give a little bit back to you.

Have a nice day and best regards,
Prime

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks for your feedback and support, Primito!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

Off the back of a user suggestion, we have just released v1.6.1 which suppresses the banner ads until at least the end of August. You can download this version by using the same link that was issued to you upon registration. New registrations will automatically receive the update.

Kind regards.

dream3r

Post by dream3r »

Hello,
I have just bought the application and downloaded without problems. After the instalation, I have proceed to download the data (succesfully) and after that, I've tried to open the MT4 with TSLite and this message occur: http://grabilla.com/05617-4ab588c4-9a55 ... fdb3b.html

I have to say some things:
- If I open manually the TSLite and I try to do a backtesting it automatically the MT4 data overrides the TSLite. To solve it I had to put it read-only and it solves this error.
- This "read-only" on the files, would be done by the TSLite, innit?
- The luncher on the pay application like this would be useful and it's not. Why? Is not working on this version?

Thank you in advance!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dreamr,

Please ensure you apply the license you were issued by email by going to Help->License in the menu and pasting the code. After this, please try launching again.
Regarding "read-only" files - make sure "Make FXT Read-only" is checked during the export (this is the default).

Thanks.

eduardculka

Post by eduardculka »

Hi I bought paid version today.I had free version last 2 weeks and last week I used it with tick data suite...after this expired I bought tickstory...when I launch mt4 from tickstory the message come up that i have to put serial number for tick data suite even after I unnistall it..Any help?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Eduardculka - thanks for your support. It's likely that in your Metatrader folder you have a "tds.exe" file remaining which Tickstory is trying to use. Remove this file and this should hopefully resolve the issue.

Regards.

danny_pip

Post by danny_pip »

Hi, I've bought the paid version today because of the great support with my problems in the past.
I have a question: when I let the 'tickinfoexpert' run once and the config file is made; are all commissions (for ECN/STP) brokers correctly handled or do I have to edit this manually ?

Is it possible to extend the help concerning 'Customising MT4 export settings'.
It would be very helpfull when every field is well explained.

Thx,
Danny

4EverMaAT

Post by 4EverMaAT »

- will you be supporting variable spreads for the tester? One of the reasons I use TDS is because they allow variable spreads during backtesting.

- Also, will there be a scheduler where it will automatically launch and download data every so often?
Can certain pairs be exported to csv or fxt automatically to a certain format?
And btw, I agree with you that you should charge a nominal fee for a 'pro' version. You can only do so much for free.