Timeshift on Daily bars

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
felipebr

Timeshift on Daily bars

Post by felipebr »

Hi people, good evening. It's my first post and I would like to congratulate the developers for this great product, Tickstory helps me a lot.

I only would like to confirm. I have one EA that trades on the opening of a new Daily bar, will the Timeshift matter in this case ? I use the High and Lower of the last closed bar for trading opening.
My broker is now gmt +3 time but depend of DST, what timeshift should I use ?

I don't know if it's my mistake but it's opening a trade even on fridays... and I don't set "include weekends" option to export.

One suggestion to developers, I would like Tickstory save my last sethings on the first tab of export also... I see that it saves only the second tab.

Thank you
Regards

tickstory

Re: Timeshift on Daily bars

Post by tickstory »

Hi Felipebr,

I believe you might be after the "UTC +2:00 E. Europe" (Eastern Europe) timezone which will be automatically shifted for daylight savings. If you want further information about when the DST shift occurs, select the timezone in the export window and then click the 'i' symbol which will give you detailed information regarding time-shifts.

Thanks also for your suggestion about saving settings. We have noted this one!

Regards.

felipebr

Post by felipebr »

Thank you for your answer, but would be possible manually adjust it ? I tryed to edit but couldn't.
My broker is IC Markets and look's like their DST transition days are different ot that specifyed by yours default.

I guess it would not affect much my strategy because it's daily but I don't know if would aftert others. For example in my broker it is:
To align the daily chart chart candles with New York close (5pm ET) IC Markets server time and charts are GMT + 2 or GMT + 3 when daylight savings is in effect.
The table below outlines the dates on which the server time is changed to reflect daylight savings each year.
Year DST Commencement Date DST Ending Date
2013 10th March 3rd November
2014 9th March 2nd November
2015 8th March 1st November
Daylight saving time begins at 2 am on the second Sunday in March and ends at 2 am on the first Sunday in November.
Regards

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Felipe,

What you want is the "New York Trading Hours" timezone which should be at the top of the selection box. This should automatically account for the timezone DST shifts you mention.

Hope this helps.

Bumblebee-

Post by Bumblebee- »

Hi,
I'm using Broker Fxprimus. Their time shift is GMT+3 from March to November and GMT+2 from November to March. May I know which timezone should I choose in the (Adjust timezone) column? Anyone can help me please?

Thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bumblebee,

Sounds like your broker is using "EST +07:00 hrs - New York Trading Hours" which at the top of the selection box. Click on the little 'i' to give you more detailed information about the time-zone including the GMT offset and when it transitions in and out of daylight savings just to be sure.

Regards.