Can not get the data into strategy tester

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Niceperson

Can not get the data into strategy tester

Post by Niceperson »

I Can not get the data into strategy tester.

I configured tick story (TS) to link with MT4 by IKON (Maximus),which does not provide data for USDSEK, so downloaded data for USDSEK through TS from Dukascopy, exported to IKON MT4 for 1 Day and 1 hr periods, kept the default settings unchanged. After successful completion of data export (which took some time) I started IKON MT4 through TS, opened strategy tester, but it does not show the USDSEK in the drop down. I can see the data for USDSEK in tester folder of the MT4 IKON installation though.

Same thing happened for EURUSD also where I exported data for 5 years Data does not show up for the period.

What am I missing?

Thanks

tickstory

Re: Can not get the data into strategy tester

Post by tickstory »

Hi Niceperson,

If I understood correctly your MT4 broker does not have the symbol 'USDSEK'. In this case, it is necessary to use another symbol that your MT4 broker does support so you can use it as a proxy for your USDSEK data. For example, you can export USDSEK data and "map it to" the GBPUSD symbol in MT4. Once you have done this, selecting GBPUSD in the strategy tester will actually use the USDSEK data you have exported.

You can find out more about the 'Maps to' feature in the manual or you can have a read of this post:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=435

With EURUSD, it seems you may be coming across a different issue which is that MT4 does not support large test ranges. That is, your FXT data file cannot be more than 4GB. You will need to adjust your exported date range to suit. You can refer to this post for further information on this topic:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=462

Hope this helps.