Birts CSV2FXT format

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Vinisius

Birts CSV2FXT format

Post by Vinisius »

Hello.

I use el TDS de Birt.

I use Tickstory to download the CSV files and converting them to FXT files from the script of Birt.

In "Data Export" of the Tickstory I enable "Pre-defined: Generic tick format (comma delimited)".

And it works well.

But I see another option here... BIRT´s SCV2FXT Format. And I ask you that serves this option?

I'm confused; If Generic tick format works well, then, that serves that option of "Birt´s CSV2FXT Format ?."

Thanks.

tickstory

Re: Birts CSV2FXT format

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vinisius,

Most applications expect data in a specific format - for example, some require commas in-between field data and some expect tabs. Timestamps can also be formatted differently.

In the case of Generic format vs Birt's CSV2FXT, the timestamp format actually differs since CSV2FXT expects it the date in yyyy.MM.dd format rather than yyyyMMdd. As such, you should use whatever format is appropriate for the application you are exporting to otherwise you will encounter errors.

Regards.

Vinisius

Post by Vinisius »

Hello.

Sorry, but my understandable English is limited.

These your saying that continue as current days download the CSV files in Generic format tick format (comma delimited) "?" ... or not, should I change to Birt´s CSV2FXT Format?.

Would you explain it some more detailed?

Sorry.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vinisius,

If you are using Birt's CSV2FXT, you should be using the accompanying file format.

Hope this answers the question.