TickStory VS Forward Test

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Tradexfol

TickStory VS Forward Test

Post by Tradexfol »

Hello
Has anyone had different results between tests TickStory and forward?
Am I doing something wrong?
I understand that it may differ a little time and pips, but I found important differences, especially with Blessing3

tickstory

Re: TickStory VS Forward Test

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tradexfol,

If you have some more details of the differences you are seeing then appreciate if you could describe them. Obviously if there is some way which we can improve the back-testing experience via Tickstory we would look at it. The main known issue at the moment is with spread-sensitive EAs. If your EA is highly dependent on spread - that is, it is a scalper or it only opens a trade under certain spread conditions - then back-testing with a fixed spread will invariably affect results. The best way to determine if your EA is highly spread sensitive is by back-testing with a few different fixed spread values and seeing how dramatic the differences are.

The other issue may be the broker data feed. Tickstory is using Dukascopy tick data, whereas your broker may differ in some way - timing/latency, frequency, price, etc. This will also impact your back-test vs live results if your EA is sensitive to these variables.

Other than that, maybe some other users can share their experiences with the EAs they have tested with.

Regards.