Prefix Suffix

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: Marketinfo Script

Post by tickstory »

Hi Moralproxy,

Could you kindly give a screenshot of your MT4 terminal? First thing to establish is what the name of your EURUSD symbol is in your MT4 terminal. If it's 'EURUSD' then you are correct not to have any suffix defined in the TickstoryInfoExpert parameters. Note that the message "Warning: Digits for Symbol XXXX was zero.Maybe your broker does not support this symbol (or you need to specify a symbol suffix?)" is likely to occur since the EA tries to query a number of symbols that may not be available at your broker. As long as there is no error for EURUSD, all the details (Lot size, etc) for EURUSD should be correct.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Moralproxy,

Could you also please try run the script from any live chart window. If you are running the EA from the tester, it could possibly be picking up the wrong terminal settings.

Thanks.

moralproxy

Post by moralproxy »

On monday i will record video and drop it on youtube, and all detail will bee seen :)
I dont know how to use live chart(( :oops:

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Moralproxy,

When viewing the 'Expert advisors' tree in the Navigator, you can simply drag the TIckstoryInfoExpert icon on to any chart.
If this doesn't work, appreciate more detail about the steps you are taking so we can assist further.

Thanks.

(P.S. This thread will be merged with your other thread as I believe it relates to the same issue).

moralproxy

Re: Prefix Suffix

Post by moralproxy »

WTF!!! I dont know what happened, but today advisor gives almost correct data :o

1.Icorrect is commision setup, here is specs of my accounts instrument https://www.instaforex.com/specifications.php

Comission is 3 Pips from each deal, this info confirmed with broker support. But its not problem, because this info is very easy to find.
So right params of comission is 3-1-1 instead 0-1-0(Leverage determined is correct :) )

Spread is incorrect too. The spread is = 0. And because of this we have this error which i described in the beginnig of this topic:

Advisor do not understand the zero spread an set in to 2 pips as defaul. So it it no problem too, info about spread is easy to find ;)

And this is important parameter - MGN INIT
Advisor shows 100000, but this script:
This scrip shows this parameter as = 0

So this is a main question about this parameter!!! Maybie i use wrong script to check this parameter????? :oops:
Very strange, advisor shows MGN_MAINT parameter equal to parameter, which shows this script:
MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINMAINTENANCE));
But MGN_INIT is not equal to this script
MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGININIT));
It is some kind of discrepancy.......

Maybie Margin init = Lot size????

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Moralproxy,

Thanks for the details - good to hear that you have solved most of your issue.

Regarding the settings you have highlighted as incorrect, these are settings that need to be manually entered since MT4 unfortunately doesn't allow you to acquire this information via MQL. You will note leverage, for example, cannot be obtained via the MARKETINFO command.

Regarding spread, you can set this value to whatever wish in order to adequately test your EA. The TickstoryInfoExpert automatically assumes a value (in this case 2 pips) if it does not get a reasonable value from the broker (this can happen for various reasons). Similiarly, since the broker is returning zero for initial margin, the Tickstory EA is assuming a value of 100000. In all cases, you have the ability to replace the settings with whatever you choose.

The good news is that once you finished manually enter these details, you can simply "Save as default" so you will not need to do this process again - all these settings will be used whenever you next export.

Hope this helps.

moralproxy

Post by moralproxy »

tickstory wrote:Hi Moralproxy,

Thanks for the details - good to hear that you have solve most of your issue.

Regarding the settings you have highlighted as incorrect, these are settings that need to be manually entered since MT4 unfortunately doesn't allow you to acquire this information via MQL. You will note leverage, for example, cannot be obtained via the MARKETINFO command.

Regarding spread, you can set this value to whatever wish in order to adequately test your EA. The TickstoryInfoExpert automatically assumes a value (in this case 2 pips) if it does not get a reasonable value from the broker (this can happen for various reasons). Similiarly, since the broker is returning zero for initial margin, the Tickstory EA is assuming a value of 100000. In all cases, you have the ability to replace the settings with whatever you choose.

The good news is that once you finished manually enter these details, you can simply "Save as default" so you will not need to do this process again - all these settings will be used whenever you next export.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for recall :)
So it turns out that to start correct backtesting we set Margin init manually to 0 instead of 100000, and leave Margin maint to 0 too???
I remind you that the lot size for my instrument is 10000....
Or maybie margin init = 69.64, brokers calculator shows that for lot value =1 - margin = 69.64

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Moralproxy,

Zero are the values that are being returned by your broker, but you may want to review this later to match the actual requirements of your broker.

Regards.

moralproxy

Post by moralproxy »

Continue searching for correct parameter of Margin init, i make an experiment, make different exports win different values of Margin init, values are 0-10-100-1000-10000-100000. And i get three different results of optimization.
I tested Autoprofit 3.2 with this options:

I optimized Step and Dynamic on period from 1 to 30 april and get this results:

When Mgn init is 0 and 10000 i get one equal result. Most profitable when Step=1 and Dynamic=1

When Mgn init is 10 , 100, 1000 i get another, but equal for all three values result. Most profitable when Step=1 and Dynamic=3

And when Margin init si 100000 i get another one result. Most profitable when Step=1 and Dynamic= 4

Which Margin init is right?????

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Moralproxy,

I would assume that the results are different as some of the trades the EA is taking are not allowable due to the margin constraints. Very rudimentary speaking, you could just set these values to zero to begin with and ensure your EA parameters are set within the bound of your account size. For more accurate back-testing you will need to use the values appropriate for your broker.

Hope this helps.