v1.5 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: v1.5 Released!

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kkaushal,

Thanks for the kind feedback and also spreading the word! In regards to your questions, Tickstory will not be charging to provide the market data. The current Forex data is provided free by Dukascopy and we are merely looking to make this and other such quality data sources easily available to our users.

That said, we do need to pay the bills and we are currently developing a paid-for version of Tickstory (that is offered alongside the free version). The paid-for version will offer additional utilities for professional traders (such as gap analysis & cleansing, data export to various formats, etc) to allow professionals to manage their back-testing data-sets.

We look forward to your continued support and please feel free to make any suggestions for additional features!

Regards.

tickstory

Re: v1.5.2 Released!

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

v1.5.2 is now available! Included are a few fixes and improvements including:

Improvements
• Dukascopy WTI Light Crude Oil has changed from WTICMDUSD to LIGHTCMDUSD.
• Add new pre-defined format to export bar data to Ninjatrader.

Fixes
• MT4 Export: Swap not being enabled correctly on export
• Dukascopy WTI Light Crude Oil price was incorrect.

Feedback welcome, as always!

Happy back-testing!

kevinickel

Post by kevinickel »

Thanks for update it for us.
Where can we download the latest 1.5.2 version, please?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi KevinNickel,

Latest download link is always available on the Tickstory home page - www.tickstory.com.

Kind regards.

danny_pip

Post by danny_pip »

Where can we download 1.5.2 ?

danny_pip

Post by danny_pip »

Hello, on the homepage I only can download 1.5.1.
In 1.5.1 I also found about in the calculation of the CCI indicator.When I use the strategy tester in visual mode for instance on the 5M timeframe, and I do a print of the CCI values of the 1M timeframe, the CCI is not calculated and only shows zero's.
If you don't know what I mean, I'll show some printscreens. Maybe this problem is already solved in the new release.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dannypip,

Try 'force'-refreshing your page as it may be stale. The direct link to the download is:

http://tickstory.com/files/tickstorylit ... .1.5.2.zip

Regarding the CCI indicator, I would suggest that you ensure you are getting 99.9% back-testing quality first to ensure you are using the correct data. There is no change in the updated version that would affect the value of the CCI. Tickstory does not generate any data pertaining to CCI - MT4 calculates this off from the historical data it has. Other things to check would be to ensure you are not querying beyond the historical data you have exported (including ensuring your strategy-tester date range encapsulates this historical range). Also check that you are querying the symbol correctly (etc).

We would also advise that you try troubleshoot with various other indicators and see if there is a similar problem. Unless there's something specifically wrong with the data being output by Tickstory, we have limited scope to help with what could be an EA-specific issue.

Regards.

danny_pip

Post by danny_pip »

I've just installed the release 1.5.2 and the problems I had with the CCI on a 1M timeframe seems to be solved.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear, Danny_pip.

SuperOleg

Post by SuperOleg »

Hello!

I have been using Tickstory program for the past year for back-testing of my own trade robot's.
Everything works fantastic, my thanks :)
However, in the latest version (1.5.2) in tests, I have found noticed the divergence in the final calculation of profit (or either loss) for each trade.
For clarity, I attached 2 screenshots with results of deals in the same terminal and same robot with the same settings.

EUR / USD M5
Differences begin from 12th trade.

(1.5.1)

(1.5.2)

Setting's TickstoryLite:

I think, the only explanation for this is that Tickstory version 1.5.2 installs quotes to the terminal with the 5th sign.
Function "_Digits" returns sign: 4, in both versions.
Thank you,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

Sincerely,
Oleg