v1.5 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
triton

Re: v1.5 Released!

Post by triton »

this time i exported 2 years and half.. but i have the same error condition whit any period.. like 1 year of data period or 6 month...

with .fxt files less then 2gbyte..

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Triton - thanks for the further information - the screenshots were particularly helpful. It seems that your MT4 symbol name is "GBPUSDnospr" not "GBPUSD". As such, you need to make sure you "Map to" this symbol name by setting the "Maps to" field to "GBPUSDnospr" when exporting. You will notice that there are HST & FXT files named "GBPUSDnospr" which is what MT4 is generating when it is back-testing. Once you have exported correctly, Tickstory will create these files. As for the GBPUSD30_0.fxt (etc) files, you can remove these if you like - MT4 will not be using these at all.

To find out more about using the "Maps To" feature, see this post:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopi ... 435&p=1919

The manual also describes this feature.

Hope this helps.

junixsy5219

Post by junixsy5219 »

i hope tickstory will include stocks CFD particularly us stocks. I have been trading us stocks. I will greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Junixsy,

Thanks for your feedback. Where would you expect Tickstory to source the data from? Yahoo? We are planning such a feature.

Regards.

Bean76

Post by Bean76 »

Hi All,

I just downloaded V1.5 last week.
I'm using Admiral Market 5 digits MT4 Build 670.
No data to run back test after imported from downloaded tick data.
Anyone having same problem?

Regards,
Kevin Chua

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bean76,

Without detailed information, we're assuming you're getting the "no data for testing" error which is discussed in this post:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354

Have a search for other forum topics by searching for the error message you are getting.

Otherwise, please provide some detailed information about what error you are getting any relevant information such as:

- What symbol you are trying to export and the name of the symbol in your broker MT4 terminal (eg. 'EURUSDm').
- Whether you are launching MT4 via Tickstory in portable mode (i.e. In Tickstory File->Settings->MT4 Settings, your 'Command-line arguments' are set to '/portable').
- A screenshot of the contents of your data folder directory (In MT4, go to File->Open Data folder).
- Your Tickstory MT4 configuration setup (particularly the location of your data folder - it needs to match the location of the MT4 Data Folder above).
- And any other information that may assist.

Thanks.

Bean76

Post by Bean76 »

tickstory wrote:Hi Bean76,

Without detailed information, we're assuming you're getting the "no data for testing" error which is discussed in this post:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354

Have a search for other forum topics by searching for the error message you are getting.

Otherwise, please provide some detailed information about what error you are getting any relevant information such as:

- What symbol you are trying to export and the name of the symbol in your broker MT4 terminal (eg. 'EURUSDm').
- Whether you are launching MT4 via Tickstory in portable mode (i.e. In Tickstory File->Settings->MT4 Settings, your 'Command-line arguments' are set to '/portable').
- A screenshot of the contents of your data folder directory (In MT4, go to File->Open Data folder).
- Your Tickstory MT4 configuration setup (particularly the location of your data folder - it needs to match the location of the MT4 Data Folder above).
- And any other information that may assist.

Thanks.
Got it after open mt4 from application and change the currency to EURUSD-Pro.

Thanks

junixsy5219

Post by junixsy5219 »

Postby tickstory » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi Junixsy,

Thanks for your feedback. Where would you expect Tickstory to source the data from? Yahoo? We are planning such a feature.

Regards.
tickstory

------------------------------------

Thank you for showing interest in supporting that feature. I dont know of any good source of data. But i prefer tick or 1 minute data. I think dukascopy supports some US stocks like aapl, microsoft, intel , etc.. I have downloaded some of there data tick , 1 minute for those stocks but i have problem importing it to mt4 thats why i ask if its possible for tickstory to add us stocks since youve done an excellent job at downloading and importing data to mt4 as i have tried it on EURUSD. Its very neat and beautiful. I use mt4 for charting and use other platform for trade execution

zanzistor

Post by zanzistor »

Last edited by zanzistor on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Zanzistor,

Just tried downloading Copper data for the last week (9 Sep-15 Sep 2014) and there were no issues. Check your internet connection and see if other pairs are having similar problems.

Regards.