v1.4 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
DudaoRJ

Re: v1.4 Released!

Post by DudaoRJ »

I've found the root cause for my problem now: it seems all my MT4 installations are updating by themselves to build 625 after I open them, probably that's what happened on my previous MT4. Indeed, release date for build 625 was last week. MT4 never updated by itself before, what the heck is going on? Is there a turning back? Did I loose all my downloaded data? Thank you.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi DudaoRJ,

Yes, unfortunately the new MT4 Builds are auto-updating themselves without any confirmation from the user. I believe there are methods (read: hacks) that allow you to suppress the automated update behaviour. If you wish to go down this path, Google is your best bet!

Kind regards.

donlabin

Post by donlabin »

tickstory wrote:Hi DudaoRJ,

Yes, unfortunately the new MT4 Builds are auto-updating themselves without any confirmation from the user. I believe there are methods (read: hacks) that allow you to suppress the automated update behaviour. If you wish to go down this path, Google is your best bet!

Kind regards.
Hi tickstory team,

Would you solve this issue in the latter version ? Thank you.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Donlabin,

You can add this suggestion in the "New Features and suggestion" section if you like, however note that there are workarounds already available such as Birt's Tick Data Suite (http://cd710nh5qn5ax84ol4ncpnfp99.hop.clickbank.net/ Disclosure: Affiliate link). I believe you can also simply rename the MT4 directory where MT4 downloads updates as this also suppresses the auto-update behaviour. If someone has detailed a proven procedure, it would be appreciated if they could share.

Regards.

nueo

Post by nueo »

Dear Tickstory Team,

Coming back to the issue with launching MT4 v625 using Tickstory Lite v1.4. I have the same problem and cannot launch MT4 v625 via Tickstory Lite v1.4. Could you replicate this problem on your side as well or is something wrong on my side.

Cheers, Christian

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nueo,

We have tested the launcher on Build 625 and it works. Are you getting some sort of an error during the launch?

Thanks.

gooly

Post by gooly »

Hi,
With Tickstory 1.4 I do start MT4 b628 (now) and I do backtest and I do get 99% :) Great Work Guys, Thanks!
But as I remember previously if launched by Tickstory the MT4 shows 'Tickstory' (s.th. like that) as its window-headline.
Now I see: "AcctNo: MetaTrader 4 - Demo Account [EURCHF,M1]"
Is there a chance to get back the info that MT4 was launched by Tickstory?
Gooly

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gooly,

Thanks for your feedback. The title bar can unfortunately get overridden by MT4 if it decides to change it. You can assume that the launch process has successfully worked if you do not get an error from Tickstory.

Hope this helps.

nueo

Post by nueo »

Dear Tickstory Team,

I resolved my issue as I haven't set the properties correct. I have updated the installation path for MT4 in the properties section and now everything is runnig well. Shame on me :oops:

Maybe, it would be good to put in place some checks in the MT4 launch routine, e.g. whether all properties are changed or still set to default. Elsewise another option would be to have a wizard at the first launch of Tickstory to set the properties to the right folder.

However, thank you very much for your work and efforts! You are doing a great job!

Kind regards,
Christian

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nueo,

Many thanks for getting back to us - great to hear to resolved the issue!
Hopefully the up-coming version of Tickstory will address the item you mention - you will need to explicitly set up an MT4 folder and therefore provide all the folder locations on the initial set up.

Kind regards.