Metatrader 5?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Trader2384

Metatrader 5?

Post by Trader2384 »

Does Tickstory support mt5?

tickstory

Re: Metatrader 5?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Trader23484 - No it does not.

EDIT: 6th September 2017. Please refer to this thread for updated information concerning MT5 support: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1018

agora

Metatrader 5 interesting info

Post by agora »

As most people i hang on mt4, but i found an interesting info that even convice me to switch.
MQL5 Supports OpenCL Backtesting! (CUDA Like GPU parallel computing with Graphiccard)

http://www.mql5.com/en/articles/690

Only Problem is no how to geht Tickdata for 99.9% backtests?

g412

Howto understand tickstory tick data?

Post by g412 »

Hello, dear Tickdata forum member,

please, does anybody feel free and experienced enough to let me know how to understand the tickstory tick data ? I have exported from Tickstory Lite to MT4 the tick data for indices and by this found out that the tick data displays wihtin the MT4 as an Open-High-Low-Close data set which is set in e.g. one candlestick. By this one could be led to the conclusion that this O-H-L-C set is telling in a volume saving way 4 ticks to the MT4 for backtesting?
After having made a short comparison of a few minutes the tick data provided by tickstory is not the tick data of ETX Capital . To which data or to which data provider does the tickstory data refer for
the indices like DAX, Cac40 and S&P500 ?

Hoping to have answers for my questions I thank you for listening to those!!

Thank you!

gooly

Post by gooly »

As far as I know mt5 cannot use 3rd party tickdata!
And some people do have the fear the migration of mt4 to mt5 will sometime eliminate this feature :(

agora

Re: Howto understand tickstory tick data?

Post by agora »

g412 wrote:Hello, dear Tickdata forum member,

please, does anybody feel free and experienced enough to let me know how to understand the tickstory tick data ? I have exported from Tickstory Lite to MT4 the tick data for indices and by this found out that the tick data displays wihtin the MT4 as an Open-High-Low-Close data set which is set in e.g. one candlestick. By this one could be led to the conclusion that this O-H-L-C set is telling in a volume saving way 4 ticks to the MT4 for backtesting?
After having made a short comparison of a few minutes the tick data provided by tickstory is not the tick data of ETX Capital . To which data or to which data provider does the tickstory data refer for
the indices like DAX, Cac40 and S&P500 ?

Hoping to have answers for my questions I thank you for listening to those!!

Thank you!
Hello,

the Data is from Dukascopy.
You can try to ask your Broker "ETX Capital" if they provide history data for customers. Usually most Brokers dont.
Dukascopy is a great exeption, becuase they offer the data for free. (they have servercosts for the high bandwith)

greetings

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

Due to recent developments in MT5 which allow use of third-party data sources, we plan to keep users updated about our MT5 support on this thread:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1018

Please feel free to add suggestions and feedback so we can determine what types of integration features are most wanted.

Thanks.