Tick Data from other sources?

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
OGfx

Tick Data from other sources?

Post by OGfx »

Hi great free project. Anyway of using Tickstory to send tick data you already have on your hard drive to MT4 ie tick data from your broker?

tickstory

Re: Tick Data from other sources?

Post by tickstory »

Hi OGFx,

Not sure if we understood the question correctly but if you are asking whether you can export your existing broker data in your MT4, then you can do this via the History Center.

Hope this helps.

OGfx

Post by OGfx »

Hi, no I've downloaded tick data from my broker's website, it's in csv, can I use tickstory to convert it to hst and export to metatrader? or does tickstory only support dukascopy data?

Thanks,
OG.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi OGfx,

At the moment Tickstory does not support CSV conversions, however this is planned for the next major update.

Regards.

NiceFox

Post by NiceFox »

Hi, I am to interested connecting my own data in format csv or other to Tickstory and convert to hst.
When it will be possible ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi NiceFox,

This is a feature we intend to provide, however for the time being we unfortunately don't have a firm time-frame. We will instead keep users up-to-date via this forum and also via Facebook. If you have 'liked' us on Facebook, you should see additional updates as they become available.

Hope this helps.

polnoxi

Post by polnoxi »

if you want who I can make a program from csv or other file for populates the database, if you give me the record specifications of data files in the directory tickstory i create

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Polnoxi,

Thanks for the offer to assist. The database format that Tickstory uses is merely the "raw" Dukascopy data format. We have already developed our own format to handle this data as part of the next major release. The intention is also to allow users to keep data in their "native" format (in this case CSV) so they don't need to import it into yet another database and consume valuable time and disk space resources.

Kind regards.

polnoxi

Post by polnoxi »

I created a small program waiting for the arrival the new version, you need to convert your CSV file in the file structure Dukascopy
try to just run the program that creates a test structure in the same directory where the program is located, using the file EURUSD_example.csv

Hi, I did a test with one year of data and I have noticed some problems in the conversion, with the compression algorithm, so I replaced him.
After converting the data you need to copy them to the tickstory directory.
Another problem is that only convert the data, and if there are holes in the data tickstory tries to download them.
you can solve this doing the export operation with the PC is not connected to the internet.
Sorry for the problems.
Attachments
csv2bin_ok.zip
New version with LZMA correct algoritm
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 776 times
Last edited by polnoxi on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Polnoxi,

Thanks very much for your valuable contribution.

Regards.