Problem when exporting data to MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
jim777

Problem when exporting data to MT4

Post by jim777 »

Hi , let me introduce my self , I'm a new member of this forum .

I have difficulties (error) when exporting tick data using Ducascopy (default server) to my MT4.
In message box appeared :
Time Message
09-02-2014 09:04 Error occurred during download: The operation has timed out (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/AUDUS ... _ticks.bi5)
09-02-2014 09:02 Error occurred during download: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Tickstory Lite\AUDUSD\2013\01\09' is denied. (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/AUDUS ... _ticks.bi5)
09-02-2014 09:02 Error occurred during download: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Tickstory Lite\AUDUSD\2013\01\09' is denied. (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/AUDUS ... _ticks.bi5)

Is any one can help me ? This is the first time I used Tickstory , so I need some one to guide me how to start backtesting using Tickstory.

Thank you for help ,
jim777

tickstory

Re: Problem when exporting data to MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jim777,

Welcome to the forum. Windows 7 and above introduce a protection measure to prevent applications from writing data to the "Program Files" folder. As such, you will need to specify an alternate location for your tick data to be stored. To do this, go to File->Settings and select a folder for your "Dukascopy Store location"that isn't in '"Program Files" (eg. C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Tick data). You will obviously need to create the directory if it doesnt currently exist.

Hope this helps.

jim777

Post by jim777 »

Hi ,

Thank you for the first replay , it helped , but only for "download" data from Ducascopy , it was done perfectly.
When I clicked the "export to MT4" still having Error , still don't understand how to export the downloaded file to MT4.
Could you help me explain step by step until the file stored at the MT4 history data folder ?

Thank you ,
jim777

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jim777,

Have a look at this step-by-step instructional video of how to back-test with Tickstory & MT4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rMOen4UHg

If you are still having errors, please check out the forum to see if your error has already been discussed. Otherwise, post the details here so we can assist.

Thanks.

jim777

Post by jim777 »

Hi ,

I still failed after many times trying export data to MT4 for back testing .
I saw the video tutorial already , but not help.
I have a print screen about comment during transferring to MT4 (attachment) .
Please help , I really need a very detail step by step how to operate from the beginning.

Thank you ,
jim777

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jim,

From the screenshot you sent separately, you are still getting the error message "Access to path denied" message. Again, this is because Windows 7 does not allow applications to store data in the "Program Files" folder. To get around this issue, you will need to re-install MT4 outside of the Program Files directory such as in "C:\Programs\MT4".

If you are running the latest MT4 Build 545 and above, you can also download the latest beta version of Tickstory (see http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=376). These later versions of MT4 allow you to install the application in the Program Files directory, however the historical data is written outside of this directory which means you will not have the problem you are seeing. We recommend you try this option if your MT4 Build 545 and above.

Hope this helps.

erict

Post by erict »

Hi,

I also have a problem when exporting the data to MT4. Same problem with Jim, can not export data to MT4.
I've made ​​a new folder ( "C:\Programs\MT4" ) such as advice from tickstory, but when exporting always get the message "invalid location".
I can not change the "MT4 installation" and "MT4 Data Folder" in MT4 Settings.
Whether anyone can help me step by step? Because my first time to do a backtest.

Thank you,
erict

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erict,

Could you kindly give some screenshots to detail the issue you are having? You mentioned that you created a folder called C:\Programs\MT4 - have you also installed Metatrader in this location? If you have, you should subsequently be able to select this as the "MT4 Installation" folder in the Tickstory setup (make sure you run MT4 at least once before trying to do this).

Please let us know how you go.

Regards.

Max5813

Post by Max5813 »

Welcome reinstall Tickstory Lite (version 1.5.1.) And terminal respectively (build 745). All instructions as before. When running the test on any of the pairs (quotation downloaded and exported), the test stops and the magazine -
TestGenerator: no history data 'pair - timeframe'
Tell me how to fix it? ..

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Max,

To resolve this error message, check that:

- You are exporting the data to the correct directories (i.e. ensure your 'MT4 Data Folder' setup matches that of MT4 when you select the File->Open data folder option).
- You are launching MT4 via Tickstory by pressing F8 within Tickstory.
- You are correctly exporting the data so it matches the symbol name used in MT4 (see http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=458 for more on this topic).

Hope this helps.