v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickstory

Re: v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

Unfortunately there have been numerous recent updates to MT4 which have apparently broken the RC. We are trying as best as we can to resolve the issue, however the only option at this stage is to ensure you are working with an earlier version of MT4. You can find Build 509 here:

http://www.tickstory.com/files/Metatrad ... te.509.zip

We appreciate your patience and support while we try to update Tickstory to support the latest MT4 builds.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

Below is the link to the latest RC. In this version there are several additions to support MT4 Build 600+:

- In File->Settings, Tickstory now allows you to set your MT4 Terminal directory as before, however it now also allows you to specify a Data Folder location. The default data folder is automatically selected based on whether you have a matching directory in your 'Roaming' path (eg. C:\Users\[Username]AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\[TerminalID]). If there is no such folder, the default data folder will be the MT4 Installation Path. This is the path that can be used when you are working in /portable mode.

- Also in the settings is the ability to specify command-line arguments when launching MT4. If you wish to launch MT4 in portable mode, simply type "/portable" as the command-line argument.

- The launcher has also been updated to now ensure the Modelling Quality is displayed correctly and that the "permission denied" errors that people were getting on the more recent builds has been corrected.

- We have added a 'Donate' button in the application if you would like to support the ongoing development of Tickstory. (Note that our current income only covers server/bandwith costs - our development time & support is essentially being provided for free at the moment so your contribution is appreciated).

Download link:

http://www.tickstory.com/files/tickstor ... 1.3RC2.zip

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

alextc

Post by alextc »

Hello, everything works fine, but now the quality of the model is 90%, you know tell me why? Do I have to do something different to get optimal quality?

thank you very much

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Alextc,

That doesn't sound right - if you exported from Tickstory and launched via Tickstory (by pressing F8), you should be getting a 99.9% modelling quality. Please check you are exporting to the correct MT4 Data folder. In MT4 go to the File->Open Data Folder option and ensure this directory is the one you are exporting to. Also make sure that your FXT files (in tester/history) are marked read-only.

Hope this helps.

4EverMaAT

Post by 4EverMaAT »

one minor detail that you forgot is that you make the launcher selection automatic for mt4 launchers. For example, youtry to use the Birt'sTickDataSuite launcher (tds.exe) to launch the product. But If I am using tickstory to launch the mt4, that means I want tickstory to launch the mt4 installation, not 'borrow' TDS.exe which I may have for a different purpose.

Tickstory is supposed to standalone in being able to launch mt4 properly. So I suggest that the user be able to manually select the launcher to use, in addition to having auto-select. Please address this, so that I do not have to move/delete tds.exe when using tickstory to launch mt4.

alextc

Post by alextc »

tickstory wrote:Hi Alextc,

That doesn't sound right - if you exported from Tickstory and launched via Tickstory (by pressing F8), you should be getting a 99.9% modelling quality. Please check you are exporting to the correct MT4 Data folder. In MT4 go to the File->Open Data Folder option and ensure this directory is the one you are exporting to. Also make sure that your FXT files (in tester/history) are marked read-only.

Hope this helps.

Ok perfect!!! thanks!!!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi 4EverMaAT,

I'm not sure why you would not want to use TDS if it's there, but what you can do is rename 'tds.exe' to something like 'tds1.exe' so Tickstory will not launch it.
If there were developers interesting in maintaining the launcher we would work to expose and enhance this feature, however after posing the question around a year back there hasn't been too much interest. We'll focus on more 'value-add' features for the moment.

Regards.

Marcel1966

Post by Marcel1966 »

This morning MT4 Build 610 has been installed on my pc but when I try to start MT4 in the Tickstory application (version 1.3.0.0) MT4 is crashing. When I start MT4 directly (using terminal.exe in the MT4 folder) it's working fine. Is it something on my side or is it a bug in Tickstory?

bohannonleo71

Post by bohannonleo71 »

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for getting me back up on 600. I depended on you guys. If I can contribute funds of some sort send me a paypal address or something and I will. Thanks for all yalls work!!!!!!!!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marcel - we have tried it on Build 610 and we do not have the issue you describe.

Bohannonleo - thanks for your feedback. We have provided a Bitcoin and Litecoin addresses if you wish to donate. If you're not a crypto-currency aficionado, we'll add our PayPal address details as well (that is, tickstory [@] gmail [dot] com).

Kind regards.