v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
4EverMaAT

Re: v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

Post by 4EverMaAT »

Dobermann wrote:Unfortunately not works with MT4 build 600 :cry:
tickstory wrote:Hi Dobermann,

You will need to use the /portable flag to ensure all data is stored in the MT4 directory. You will also need to make sure your MT4 installation is not under "Program Files" folder since Windows will prevent data from being written here.

Please let us know how you go.

Regards.
Doberman is correct. It doesn''t detect with mt4 build 600. You need to update the beta to assume that the user installs a fresh copy of mt4 on their computer (no upgrade)

I am 100% sure of this. I installed a fresh copy of Excel Markets outside of the Program files folder. TickLite 1.3 could not detect the installation folder.

What I did as a workaround is manually navigated to the "[C:\[Windows User]\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\FE4723A6C29xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This takes some extra time. And to check to make sure you have the correct folder, MQ at least created a "origins.txt" you can use to see which broker and installationfolder the "FE4723A6C29xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx " belongs to.

It appeared to detect the folder ok after that. But then the test came to launch the mt4. I got this error: Mt4 launch issue. See screenshot.
tickstory mt4 build 600 launch error.png
Has anyone else been able to get it to work? I have TDS, but Tickstory should be able to operate independently of TDS.
Last edited by 4EverMaAT on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radu

Post by radu »

4EverMaAT wrote: I am 100% sure of this. I installed a fresh copy of Excel Markets outside of the Program files folder. TickLite 1.3 could not detect the installation folder.

What I did as a workaround is manually navigated to the "[C:\[Windows User]\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\FE4723A6C29xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This takes some extra time. And to check to make sure you have the correct folder, MQ at least created a "origins.txt" you can use to see which broker and installationfolder the "FE4723A6C29xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx " belongs to.

It appeared to detect the folder ok after that. But then the test came to launch the mt4. I got this error: Mt4 launch issue. See screenshot.
+1 for this, 4EverMaAt is right.

The problem appears when the MT4 installed outside Program Files folder, and UAC is turned on. If UAC is turned off, the location of the installation path is not relevant.
tickstory wrote: You will need to use the /portable flag to ensure all data is stored in the MT4 directory. You will also need to make sure your MT4 installation is not under "Program Files" folder since Windows will prevent data from being written here.
This is no longer is the case in my opinion. The whole AppData\Roaming stuff seems to be working, and we do not need the ability to write into the installation directory (no matter if it's in Program Files, or elsewhere)

Dobermann

Post by Dobermann »

I think ideal solution to support both MT4 <574 and 574+ is to make additional field in Settings to specify MT4 data folder path, the current field should be used only to find executables for launch. Now fields in settings will be

1) MT4 Installation
2) MT4 Data folder (the same as 1 by default).
3) Server name.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

aravindhfx wrote:HI,
First i would like to thank u for the service u provide.

And for the latest version of MT4 i am not able to install it the modeling quality is na.

Can u please explain the steps to install and let know if we have to download the data again from dukascopy

Aravindh
Hi Aravindh,

Correct - for the moment, modelling quality is not displayed correctly. This is a quirk with using the new MT4 build and we may address it in the future. It should not affect your back-test results.

Re: Dukascopy data, you should not need to re-load this information - simply ensure your Dukascopy 'Store location' is the same folder as before and Tickstory will use the existing data.

Regards.

TickTester

Post by TickTester »

TickTester wrote:So, how do we launch MT4 build 600 from Tickstory in portable mode? I don't see a way to add the "/portable" in Tickstory. Bloody Metaquotes updated my MT4 testing platform to build 600 without my consent. Now, the tester/history folder is under roaming folder on my C: drive, but my C: drive being a solidstate drive does not have room for the humongous tick history files which is why I have them on a 4TB hard drive. But, the new build 600 doesn't see them there, of course. Can someone suggest a way to sort this out?
Anyone have an answer for the above question?

I have Tickstory v1.3 and MT4 build 603. We are supposed to launch MT4 from within Tickstory, which is fine, but it doesn't see my history data that way and there is not enough room on my C: drive to move it all there. So, I'm assuming /portable mode may get around this issue and allow me to keep all the history data in the previous location? The previous location was not under "program files". The problem is, I don't see any way to launch MT4 from within Tickstory in /portable mode.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dobermann, Ticktester & Radu -

We are currently looking at the issues you mentioned, including assessing Build 600. For the moment, it should be possible to launch MT4 in portable mode outside of Tickstory (i.e. create a short-cut to the application and add /portable to the command-line parameters). As long as your FXT files are read-only, you should be able to continue back-testing until a further update is available.

Regards.

TickTester

Post by TickTester »

Thanks. Once I re-exported the tick history in the new format, launched mt4 outside of tickstory and got the correct account within mt4, I can backtest again. It would be great to have the /portable option within Tickstory.

Thanks for all your efforts with this product and your quick reaction to Metaquotes' curve balls. :-)

Dobermann

Post by Dobermann »

Also tried to make links from AppData to MT4 installation directory (every folder like tester, history, etc) but it not helps. Modeling quality is n/a and amount of ticks processed the same when launched from tickstory or outside. Can you describe what tickstory requires from MT4 - which files/folders ? Tried under admin rights of course. Thanks.

turtle

Post by turtle »

Hello,
I have installed v 1.3 and it can launch MT4 build 600, the window title is:

Metatrader 4 with Tickstory Launcher (FXT Overwrite Prevention, Fixed spread)

but it does not work, when I tried to backtest in the log I found:

2014.02.10 09:48:57.403 TestGenerator: file "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - ActivTrades\tester\history\USDCAD1_0.fxt" is read-only

I tried also in another directory ( not in the Program Files) but is the same.

Does someone have a solution??

Andrea

bohannonleo71

Post by bohannonleo71 »

Hello, I have been using your testing tool religiously and since the push of 60 Im dead in the water. Im not sure where to get an older version to use and to stop the auto update. So my question is will you be making something for 60 shortly or will I have to find another solution? I will pay my share if need be. I don't see a way to load MT4 /portable separately from the launch button in tickstory to make it work. Either way if you could let me know something so can decide what to do.