collected suggestions

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
gooly

collected suggestions

Post by gooly »

Hi, I just read that you will release a next version the next time.
Please let me first tell you about a little mistake (which you might already know):
If you start mt4 by Tickstrory the option-window for tools behaves not correctly! But this is more a cosmetic thing.

What I suggest (wish) would be:
Download:
1) Start Downloads only on my order (pushed a button) not automatically if the the tickdata-base is available - this way I have a better control of my data base.
2) Let me choose by checkboxes which symbols or pairs are to be downloaded (like SQ).
3) Download all the pairs I checked at once (like SQ) without me being needed start the next pair to process.
Export:
4) Have a start-button to create for all checked pairs the history files (like 1,2,3 but for the 'other side').
5) Enable us to check all the pairs and timeframes and further options for which the history should be created.
6) Process all checked pairs and timeframes for the history creation at once.
7) Enable us to create from the tickdata-base just the normal mt4-history. That means Tickstory Lite is not needed in this case to start mt4 so that the strat.-tester finds its hst-files!
8) Let us see in Tickstory (maybe by a mouse-cklick-option-window) what is the first and the last date of the existing hst-files in the tester/history - maybe as well how big they are, tickdata-filesize matters.
9) Enable us to choose between either a variable spread (like now) or the (increasing) volume of a bar and a fix spread (to be set).
10 ) may be this is possible if you decide to realize 9) calculate the average spread during the hist. creation and add that spread as fix spread - possible??
11) Under File-Options and the MT4-tab: Do you have to write your history to the live-chart-history of a server? Please make it possible to disable that! Mostly it is not needed and it scrambles the live-charts!!

I hope this is not too difficult and not too code intensive!
But thanks for all your effort,
Gooly

PS add Suggestion 12.
For the export you offer buttons like last year...
Last year begins if today = Jan 7, 2014 at Jan 6, 2013 this is hard to use for backtesting. I think it would be better to start last year always Jan 1, (2013) last 6 months always June 1 or Jan. 1 which is longer than 6 months. This is much easier to handle if you want to set a start date for backtesting..