Add Equity Index tick data to TickStoryLite

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
adeller

Add Equity Index tick data to TickStoryLite

Post by adeller »

Hello,

I have 2 questions:
1. Is there a way to download German Dax Index (or future) tick data with TickStoryLite ?
2. In case NO (which I suspect) can I use TickstoryLite to convert a large csv or xls file of Dax tick data (I can collect elsewhere , see attached example) into files ready to use by MT4 (.hst .FXT) for expert advisor backtesting (including setting spread commission etc...) ? If so, how do I do this ?

Thank you very much and happy end of year !
Attachments
futures-tick-demo.zip
example of tickdata file
(156.65 KiB) Downloaded 711 times

tickstory

Re: Add Equity Index tick data to TickStoryLite

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adeller,

If you have the web data source for this information we could potentially add it. If you have data in a file-based format such as CSV, then loading files is a feature we plan to have in the next major version of Tickstory.

Hope this helps.

adeller

Post by adeller »

Thanks for your reply

Yes it would definitely help! Do you already know when this next version would be available?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adeller,

Unfortunately we don't have any firm dates at this point, however we would like to have a beta release in the next 1-2 months. The code is being entirely re-built so it is taking some time.

Hope this helps.

adeller

Post by adeller »

Hello

Were you able to add the above mentionned feature [loading CSV files] ? (or will you soon be? )

Thank You

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adeller,

Thanks for touching base. The feature is still undergoing development as part of the next major release. Unfortunately our development timelines for the new version have been pushed back a little due to priority enhancements for the current version. We will make sure we update you when we are closer to the release date.

Kind regards.

4EverMaAT

Post by 4EverMaAT »

SQ Tick Data Downloader incorporated the Metals and Stock Indexes into their downloader. It is also on the Dukascopy website.
dukascopy indices stocks commodities list.png
BTW, for forex, can you add the USDCHN pair (us dollar vs chinese renminbi yuan)?

adeller

Post by adeller »

Good news !

@tickstory: since you're using dukascopy DB and the have Index CFD it would be great to make it available in tickstory for download and txfer to MT4 .HST & .FXT as well so we can run 99% simulations on these. At least majors like USA500.IDX, DEU.IDX, JPN.IDX, FRA.IDX, EUR.IDX, GBR.IDX...

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adeller and 4EverMaat,

Thanks for raising this with us. We' expect to have these new instruments added in the next release. This should include all the indicies & commodoties available in Dukascopy, however as far as we're aware USDCHN is not available.

Regards.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

v1.5 now supports a range of global indicies and commodities.

Thanks for your feedback.