Commission Settings - Instaforex Eurica (cent)

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
DaemonMX

Commission Settings - Instaforex Eurica (cent)

Post by DaemonMX »

Hi there!

I'm looking for some help to set the correct commission in order to backtest correctly this kind of account.

Instaforex says that Eurica has 0.03/0.07% of each trade commission. I'd like to set in Tickstory the worse condition (0.07%) and backtest it.

I saw that it charges me 1.25$ on 0.19lot trade. What's the calculation to get this commission? and settings in TickStory exporter?

Thanks in advance and best wishes,
Fabio

tickstory

Re: Commission Settings - Instaforex Eurica (cent)

Post by tickstory »

Hi DaemonMX,

Tickstory allows you to specify the "raw" values that are embedded into the Metatrader FXT which are as follows:

Comm type: The base commission type - either Money (set to 0), pips (1) or percent (2).
Base comm: The commission value - this is the amount of Money (if Comm type is 0) or Pips (if Comm type is 1).
Comm lots: The commission charge type - can be Commission per Lot (0) or Commission per deal (1).

So to specify a 0.07% commission on every trade, the following should work:

Comm type = 2
Base comm = 0.07
Comm lots = 1

Please let us know how you go.

Regards.

golfsong

Post by golfsong »

hi
my broker is Pepperstone and commision per 1lot is around 7USD (3.5 entry, 3.5 exit trade)

Can I put like this?

Comm type = 0
Base comm = 7
Comm lots = 0

Thank you,
Dr.Golf

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dr. Golf - That looks correct.

mmsk

Post by mmsk »

I used the same settings as Dr. Golf but I don't see any effect of this. When I try this:

if (OrderSelect(Ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_TRADES) == TRUE) Print("commision paid: ", OrderCommission());

after opening/closing a trade, it shows me 0 commission. what could be wrong here?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi mmsk,

We have tried your code on the standard "MACD Sample" EA immediately after the OrderClose() command is sent and it does yield a commission. The only thing that we can think of is to double-check your export parameters by opening the FXT file in the FXT Editor and make sure they are what you expect.

Please let us know how you go.

Regards.