MT4 Strategy Not working

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Joez

MT4 Strategy Not working

Post by Joez »

I am not sure why my testing is not happening. I have not run tests since last August. Until then all was well.
Over the last 2 days, tests on EAs that usually run well is not happening. It appears there are errors with data, I am not sure.
I have updated the software, reloaded the data but results are same, to all EAs that I have tested across different MT4 platforms.
Could someone please look at this journal report and advise me.
Strategy Tester failure - No data 1.png

tickstory

Re: MT4 Strategy Not working

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joez,

Looking at the screenshots, are you sure your begin/end date range matches the date range you exported? It looks like you have exported April-July 2023 but are trying to test from August. I would uncheck the begin/end dates first just to make sure you are getting results and work from there. You can check what data you have exported in MT4's History Center.

Hope this helps.

Joez

Post by Joez »

Hi, thank you for your input. I can swear I have been trying to set download dates over 3 years and all seemed OK! Following your suggestion, I unticked the date range and some EAs tested normally. However, 2 still don't work, showing "...\tester\history\EURUSD5_0.fxt" is read-only!
Same data working for some EAs and not for others.
Again thanks for your input.
Joez

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joez,

The "FXT is read-only" message is expected and a warning, not an error. If an EA is not trading, it usually just means that the EA's trading criteria has not been met for some reason. You can refer to this item in our FAQ for some general trouble-shooting tips to help resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Joez

Post by Joez »

Thank you for your advice. I will proceed to investigate why this problem is occurring.