Optimization

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Scottwalsh

Optimization

Post by Scottwalsh »

Hi,

I am new to Tickstory and have the standard plan. I have a question regarding optimizations. Are we able to use the tick data to optimize using open prices? When I try to optimize using the default data for say a year, it’s 500 hours. Usually when I backtest in mt5 real tick which is obviously not the same data is never really more than 100 hours and 1 min OHLC is about 10% of that. Is there a way to cut down the optimization time from the 500 hours?

Thank you!

Scottwalsh

Re: Optimization

Post by Scottwalsh »

I don’t mean default data, I mean when I optimize with the real tick data it says 500 hours and then it actually stops working. Just wondering if there is a way to make the optimization process work.

Thank you!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Scott,

Welcome aboard! Could you please clarify what you mean by "500 hours"? Have you exported a certain range of data from Tickstory? What does "stop working" mean? If you could provide as much detail (ideally some screenshots), I think that will help.

Thanks.

Scottwalsh

Post by Scottwalsh »

Thank you for the quick reply! I believe I figured it out. After I import the data, I optimize directly in mt4 and that seems to be much faster as I can run 1 minute OHLC then back test each individual file on every tick.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Scott, Great to hear you solved it!

Regards.