cannot download AUDNZD

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
braunkf

cannot download AUDNZD

Post by braunkf »

Hello,
I cannot download AUDNZD data. Tickstory says it has problems connecting to the remote server. On the other hand it works with EURUSD. I am running windows xp and the latest version of tickstory. I have tried different download directories. What can I do ?
Regards,
KFB

tickstory

Re: cannot download AUDNZD

Post by tickstory »

Hi Braunkf,

Could you please give the exact error message you are getting and preferably a screenshot?

Thanks.

braunkf

Post by braunkf »

Translated into english: Error during download: Cannot establish connection to remote server. (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/AUDNZ ... _ticks.bi5)
Attachments
AUDNZDerror.jpg.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Braunkf,

The problem is more than likely due to some network issue on your side such as not being connected to the internet. To check your connection:

- Go to File->Settings->Dukascopy Datasource and press the 'Test' button.

If you get an error, you need to resolve the issue with your network first.

Hope this helps.

braunkf

Post by braunkf »

If I press the Test button it says: Cannot establish connection to the remote server.

My internet connection works fine.

I am able to download data which had been downloaded before already. If i am creating a similar filestructure for AUDNZD as well, then I there is no error message upon downloading anymore. So it seems to be related to access rights.

braunkf

Post by braunkf »

I solved the problem. I am using norton internet security which uses its own firewall. So windows firewall is switched off while Norton is on. Some settings must have changed because if i switch norton off as well then everything works fine.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear - thanks for letting us know how you solved it!