Timezone on tickstory inbuilt charts

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Shadow2

Timezone on tickstory inbuilt charts

Post by Shadow2 »

Hi everyone,

I am somewhat new to Tickstory and have a quick question regarding the timezone on the inbuilt Tickstory charts. As I understand, the charts on tickstory are in GMT. Now, If I am looking at historical data around a certain time, lets say the NY open, I have to factor that in (i.e. during summer the NY open is at 2.30pm GMT and during summer its at 1.30pm GMT). So if I want to check the M5 opening bar on 5th July I'd have to observe the 1.30pm bar on the Tickstory chart, while on 7th February it'd have to be the 2.30pm bar?

Sorry for the confusion, but I think I might have wasted a few weekend hours looking at the wrong bars :P

Cheers

tickstory

Re: Timezone on tickstory inbuilt charts

Post by tickstory »

Hi Shadow2,

That's correct. The Tickstory chart viewer shows the data in its native time-zone. In the case of Forex pairs, this is GMT/UTC and other symbols such as US stocks will be in New York Time, DEU.IDX/DAX30 in Frankfurt time, etc. If you want to make life easier, you can export your data to MT4/MT5 using Tickstory while selecting your desired time-zone conversion. When you view the chart in Metatrader, it should have the appropriate chart times including adjustments for daylight savings.

Hope this helps.

Shadow2

Re: Timezone on tickstory inbuilt charts

Post by Shadow2 »

Thank you, much appreciated! :)