Pre-purchase the license confusion

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
tickwaiting

Pre-purchase the license confusion

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi tickstory staff

I am currently running the lite version but I want to buy the license and I feel very confused.

Is the license purchase for lifetime or only for lease monthly "standard" and yearly "professional"?

If it is lifetime then what's the yearly and monthly subscription and how much are they?

I want very clear and transparent feedback to help me in my decision of which is more suitable to my needs either standard package or professional one?

Looking forward to hear from you guys and happy weekend 😊

tickstory

Re: Pre-purchase the license confusion

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

Tickstory licenses are currently perpetual which means that the software will be operational perpetually. Our subscription gives you extra advantages and on-going features including:
  • Access to our own dedicated data servers
  • Faster processing speeds (use of multiple threads)
  • Access to our Advanced Tester for Metatrader 4 module
  • Access to new software updates
  • Access to on-going priority technical support
The Standard and Professional packages are identical feature-wise except for the duration of the included subscription, with the Standard license including 1-month of subscription and the Professional including a 12-month subscription. If you choose, each subscription will automatically renew once the term has expired (i.e. monthly renewal for Standard and annually for Professional).

As much as possible, we are trying to make sure our software is accessible to all users. For example, some users may only want to do an ad-hoc test of an EA. Many other users plan to use Tickstory on a long-term basis, so the Professional version makes the most sense for them. Note also that if you are regularly testing with Metatrader, a subscription is invaluable as we continue to ensure that the Tickstory is compatible with the latest versions.

Hope this answers your question and hope you have a great weekend as well!

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi Tickstory

thanks for your detailed feedback, lets make it in numbers to be easier and clear to understand what i buy.

Standard
$79*+ optional monthly subscription @ $9.95 p/m

does this mean lifetime standard license paid once of $79 then monthly $9.95 for support and updates?

Professional
$129*+ optional yearly subscription

does this mean lifetime professional license paid once of $129 then yearly $### for support and updates? how much the yearly subscription?

also if i don't have the updates and support subscription and you release new version can i still update my current version to the latest release?

finally is the advanced tester of metatrader a forward tester or back tester and can i run backtesting like on mt4 strategy tester with ea and set files indicators.. and how fast is it? x2 or x10 etc

looking forward to hear from you
best regards,

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

Please find the response to your questions below:
Standard
$79*+ optional monthly subscription @ $9.95 p/m
does this mean lifetime standard license paid once of $79 then monthly $9.95 for support and updates?
That is correct.
Professional
$129*+ optional yearly subscription

does this mean lifetime professional license paid once of $129 then yearly $### for support and updates? how much the yearly subscription?
The yearly renewal fee is US$99.
also if i don't have the updates and support subscription and you release new version can i still update my current version to the latest release?
On-going software updates are provided only if you have an active subscription.
finally is the advanced tester of metatrader a forward tester or back tester and can i run backtesting like on mt4 strategy tester with ea and set files indicators.. and how fast is it? x2 or x10 etc
The Advanced Tester has features to assist both with back and forward testing. The back-testing features include the ability to test with variable spreads and simulate slippage. The forward testing comes in the form of a walk-forward analyzer which allows you to optimize your strategy against in-sample data (known data) and then subsequently test those settings against out-of-sample (unknown/unseen) data.
The speed of the test is related to the speed of your EA and the size of the dataset you are using.

Hope this answers your questions.

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

Great great great
My decision us clear now.
without doubt the professional license is the best deal.

Thank you tickstory for your assistance and feedback
Have a good week and best wishes

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

You are most welcome, Tickwaiting - have a great week as well!