Tick Data not Loading into MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
freddie2020

Tick Data not Loading into MT4

Post by freddie2020 »

HI,
I download GBPCAD tick data from 2013 to now, then closed MT4, uploaded, Launched MT5

Tried to test it by backdating from 2013, and data is not loaded.
Just backtests from original data on MT4 - from 2020 onwrds.

Thanks

tickstory

Re: Tick Data not Loading into MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi Freddie,

You mentioned using both MT4 and MT5 but I assume the latter was a typo.
If you are using MT4, could you please firstly confirm if you are getting 99.9% modelling quality on your back-test. If not, please check our Trouble-shooting FAQ to rectify the issue.

Also note that you can check the MT4 History Center (Tools->History Center menu) to check what data is available for the named symbol.

If you continue to have issues after trying the above, could you kindly send some screenshots so we can assist further:

1) The Tickstory "Export to MT4" settings you are using (including the "MT4 Settings" tab)
2) The MT4 Strategy Tester window (which shows the symbol name)
3) Your "MT4 Data Folder" FXT contents (go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history and take a screenshot).
4) The 'Report' tab in the Strategy Tester (which shows the modelling quality).
5) The Strategy Tester "Journal" tab after you have completed a back-test.

Thanks.

freddie2020

Post by freddie2020 »

Hi,

Have tried to upload tick data to MT4 - with the settings in the screen shot.
My Data at the moment is just from 04.2022 - have tried to upload from 2006 to now.

Did Export to MT4 - with MT4 closed. Then clicked "Launch MT4" - but got attached error.
Then opened MT4 normally.
Tried to test and backtest from 2010 onwards.
And will only backtest from previous Data - 04.2022 onwards.
Attachments
history 1.png
Export Settings.png
Lauch MT4 Error.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Freddie2020,

Thanks for the screenshots. Unfortunately there's no indication of what symbol you are exporting from the screenshots. If you are exporting several years worth of data, there should be large FXT files (2+gb) named (symbolname)*.fxt appearing in your first screenshot which I can't see.

Let's resolve the launcher error first - could you please confirm what your MT4 Build number is (go to Help->About in MT4).
Also, your screenshots seem to look like you might be running in some sort of virtualized environment? Could you please confirm what operating system you are using and if you're running under any sort of VM, etc?

Thanks.

freddie2020

Post by freddie2020 »

Hi
Build is 1380

Do you mean using on a VPS?
Am not - am on my own PC running MT4 and WIndows 11 Home

Thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks for the information, Freddie. Your operating platform sounds fine. Could you kindly go through this trouble-shooting check-list to resolve the issue. In particular, if you are running any third-party software that augments/modifies Metatrader in any way, could you please uninstall it before proceeding.

Thanks.