Is this spread I'm seeing correct on 10 year EURCAD

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
PeteS62

Is this spread I'm seeing correct on 10 year EURCAD

Post by PeteS62 »

Hi
I'm not really understanding the difference between the spread shown on the Data Window in MT5 vs the difference in Bid/Ask price displayed in the MarketWatch, but in the EURCAD data I have imported it seems to be showing values of spread that are in the 'hundreds' eg 300, 400 and even 900. Is that correct?
Sorry if this is a daft question, I'm new to all this and on a steep learning curve.
Thank you
Attachments
Excessive Spread.jpg

PeteS62

Re: Is this spread I'm seeing correct on 10 year EURCAD

Post by PeteS62 »

I was using this data for a multi symbol EA so not looking at it on a chart, but when I do it looks corrupted? Those long downward streaks on the black background MT5 chart look very suspicious! The chart you can see from Tickstory Software certainly looks different.

Just wondering whether the software copes with breaks in the internet while downloading? My machine often seems to get disconnected for short periods.

Is there anyway of checking the download for accuracy? Do I have to download this all again?

Thank you.
Pete
Attachments
eucad what it should look like.jpg
Screenshot eurcad.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

It does not appear that you are using an authentic version of Tickstory. The only authorized place to obtain a valid version of Tickstory is from our website https://tickstory.com. If you have not downloaded the software from our website, not only are you at risk of experiencing unreliable results and random defects but your personal information may also be compromised.

Thanks.

PeteS62

Post by PeteS62 »

That was downloaded from your website using the free option. I have been having connection problems and I think the data is getting corrupted during the download.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi PeteS62,

Corruption is unlikely as Tickstory verifies the information and if it's corrupted, will download it again.
If you want to start from a fresh set of data, you can go to your Dukascopy Datastore folder (see Tickstory File->Settings) and then delete the folder "EURCAD". This will force a re-download of all the data again. You will then need to regenerate all your MT4 exports again.

If the data looks correct in TIckstory's Chart view and looks different in MT4, then the data needs to be cross-checked in MT4. You will need to check why in MT4's Data Center if you are really have zero prices in your data.

Hope this helps.