Expert Advisors not showing in MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
EderAlm

Expert Advisors not showing in MT4

Post by EderAlm »

Hi,

I am having two issues when launching MT4 from tickstory platform
1: Expert advisors shows up in data folder but it doesnt show up in the strategy tester window
2: I cant see the exported data in the History center tab

I am new to this so I might be missing something

noob here
Attachments
2023-06-04 (1).png

tickstory

Re: v1.9 Released! (Lite, Standard & Professional)

Post by tickstory »

Hi EderAlm,

That's a bit odd. Usually if you can't see some of the default expert advisors in the list it means your installation hasn't proceeded correctly.
Could you try to re-install MT4 first and make sure everything is as you'd expect. Once everything is working, you can then try Tickstory.

Hope this helps.

EderAlm

Post by EderAlm »

I did but the bug persists, the experts don't show up in the navigator window either.
In the meantime the data is available for backtest when I launch MT4 from desktop, the backtesting seems to work properly this way.

Thanks!
Last edited by EderAlm on Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi EderAlm,

The only reason why I imagine this would occur is if you have selected "portable mode" in your MT4 where no expert advisers are installed. You can do some manual checking by going to File->Open Data Folder in MT4 and see what your data folder is. Browsing from there into the MQL4/Experts folder will show you the EAs that you have installed.

Aside from this, I think MT4/the Metaquotes support forum may be best placed to help you here if you continue to have difficulties with your base MT4 setup.

Hope this helps.