Failed to Export to File

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
kumoro

Failed to Export to File

Post by kumoro »

Hi,
I am a new user of tickstory standard. Got experience here, I cannot export to file. I want to export data to csv file per month per year.
The error log are :

Time Message
18-05-2023 22:11 Error occurred processing file C:\Users\kumorowibowo\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Data\XAUUSD\2022\04\03\21h_ticks.bi5. Attempting redownload.
18-05-2023 22:11 Error occurred processing file C:\Users\kumorowibowo\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Data\XAUUSD\2022\04\03\18h_ticks.bi5. Attempting redownload.

Been tested the connection from Settings - Dukascopy Datasource tab and it is a Successful.
Help me out, since I need my csv data for my project.
Thank you,

Kumoro

tickstory

Re: Failed to Export to File

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kumoro,

This error can sometimes happen when the Dukascopy data servers are at capacity. Tickstory will attempt to retry in this situation. The fact that the logs say things are progressing means that it is retrying successfully and your export is complete (you can double-check by using the "Download" function for the same date range and make sure there are no subsequent errors).

Do note that as part of an active subscription, Tickstory uses its own dedicated servers which will help alleviate these sorts of issues.

Hope this helps.

kumoro

Post by kumoro »

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
The fact is, the exported csv file is failed to download. The file size is only 1 KB (only show the header, without the data in it).
I double checked using download, check to download bi5 location, the size all of the bi5 file are only 1kB.
While the logs were still the same :
Time Message
19-05-2023 05:36 Error occurred processing file C:\Users\kumorowibowo\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Data\XAUUSD\2022\04\31\23h_ticks.bi5. Attempting redownload.
19-05-2023 05:36 Error occurred processing file C:\Users\kumorowibowo\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Data\XAUUSD\2022\04\31\22h_ticks.bi5. Attempting redownload.
19-05-2023 05:36 Error occurred processing file C:\Users\kumorowibowo\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Data\XAUUSD\2022\04\31\21h_ticks.bi5. Attempting redownload.

Thank you,

Kumoro

I want to add images regarding to those issue, but can't figure it out till now.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kumoro,

It sounds like your internet connection (proxy, ISP, etc) is causing the data not to be downloaded correctly. You might want to check the contents of the *.bi5 files in a text editor. The contents of the file might have some sort of message telling you what the issue is.

Hope this helps.