time zone

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
rp75

time zone

Post by rp75 »

Hello,

please can somebody tell me which tick data i have to export when my broker is working at GMT+3.

Can i take the UTC ( Monrovia , Reikjavik) or should i take a UTC+3 time zone for exporting the tick data to get the correct backtest for my scalper which is working at GMT 22:00-02:00.

For the backtest. Should i adjust the spread to? I mean my broker has a spread below 1pip.

Thank you very much

Rene

tickstory

Re: time zone

Post by tickstory »

Hi rp75,

If your EA is using pure GMT with no daylight savings, it is probably best to export in the GMT time-zone. Obviously when you run your EA live, you will need to adjust your EA time-zone parameters accordingly for your broker's timezone.

Hope this helps.

rp75

Post by rp75 »

Hi tickstory

again a question reguarding the time zone.

when i download the tickdata "UTC Monrovia Reikjavik" i got the absolut gmt 0 time?

can you confirm that my thinking is correct.

My broker is GMT+3 my EA works at this time frame from 22:45-01:45

When i download the "UTC Monrovia Reikjavik" i have to backtest my EA (manual time input) from 19:45-22:45.

Thank you

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rp75,

The date shift to GMT looks correct to me!

Regards.

rp75

Post by rp75 »

thank you for your quick response.

but now i tried to backtest my EA but the mt4 station did not take the tickdata which i downloaded.

Do i have to copy and paste the full "tester folder" into the original history file of the mt4??

Thank you

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rp75 - I'm not sure what you're trying to do since there is no instruction to copy/paste data. Could you please follow the steps outlined in the quick-start video to make sure you get a correct back-test first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rMOen4UHg

Thanks.