TickstoryInfoExpert for DAX/GER30

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
andreaude

TickstoryInfoExpert for DAX/GER30

Post by andreaude »

HI, what are the correct settings? my broker is activtrade, i want to test DAX40 (Ger40)
Attachments
impostazioni ea.jpg

tickstory

Re: TickstoryInfoExpert for DAX/GER30

Post by tickstory »

Hi Andreaude,

To get the settings of your broker, the process has been simplified in the latest versions of Tickstory. All you need to do is select your symbol from the "Map to" box in the MT4 Settings tab when exporting. This will automatically detect your settings for the selected symbol.

Please check out our manual on the "Map to" field for further details.

Thanks.

andreaude

Post by andreaude »

ok , i don't understand why the file in history is not imported
Attachments
tester history.jpg

andreaude

Post by andreaude »

this is the message i get
Attachments
error loading file.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Andreaude,

Thanks for the screenshots. Firstly, if you haven't already, please make sure you have selected your default MT4 terminal in the File->Settings->MT4 Terminal. Secondly, the FXT Editor is for raw editing of the FXT file and does not provide the automatic "Map to" functionality.
Instead, please re-do your export with the MT4 Export->MT4 Settings->Map to function (if you are an advanced user, you can also just copy/paste the displayed symbol details in the FXT Editor if you wish).

Note also that the "Ger40" FXT filename does not seem correct unless your MT4 symbol name is called "Ger40"? If not, just select the symbol in the Map To box as described above and everything will be automatically set for you.

Finally, it looks like the file you are trying to read is corrupted or empty (including your exported FXT file). Are you sure you haven't run out of disk space?

Please let us know if you run into any difficulties.