How to download H6 bars and ticks? MT5

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
jasminetiga

How to download H6 bars and ticks? MT5

Post by jasminetiga »

Hi how can I download H6 (6 hour) bars and ticks from tickstory for MT5?

thanks

tickstory

Re: How to download H6 bars and ticks? MT5

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jasminetiga,

At this stage there is no option for 6-hourly bars, only the time-frames shown in the "time-frame" selection box.
If there is sufficient demand for it, we could look at adding it. (FYI, we expect to have customisable time-frames in our next major release).

Thanks.

jasminetiga

Post by jasminetiga »

OK someone from the mql5 forum is saying that mt5 generates those custom timeframes with 1 minute data is that true? Thus I can download 1 mintue or M1 data back to 2007 and MT5 will generate the 6H bars for me and ticks?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jasminetiga,

That's correct. The original reply was in reference to whether Tickstory can produce 6h bars on its file export function.
According to MT5 documentation, as long as you have 1-minute bars uploaded (which is possible via Tickstory), then all other time-frames will be automatically generated from this data.

Hope this helps.

jasminetiga

Post by jasminetiga »

Hi apparently one of the forum members said that in MT5 then I can't test with every tick based on real ticks method then..?
Last edited by jasminetiga on Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jasminetiga,

I'm not sure what you're making reference to. If you are importing both tick and bar data as outlined in our MT5 import guide, you will be able to test with real-ticks.

Thanks.

jasminetiga

Post by jasminetiga »

Right yes I think it is possible he said my mistake, if I download the M1(1 minute bars) data from tickstory from 2007 to present day, then download the the ticks, then MT5 should be able to generate the data for the 6 hour chart and is able to use every ticks based on real ticks data.

There was some confusion regarding me not mentioning I downloaded both the bars and the ticks. But this should work...

Thanks