TickstoryInfoExpert & Data Export

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
ebarrow123

TickstoryInfoExpert & Data Export

Post by ebarrow123 »

Hello. I am running the TickstoryInfoExpert EA and nothing is happening. There is no way of knowing when it is complete. I had the EA running for hours and there was no sign it was working and no completed data file anywhere in my MT4 files. The EA was on and did have the smiley face. How do i get it to work and if it is working where will the data file be located?

Also I am having an issue with data exporting to MT4. The instructional video simply says go to MT4 and you will have 99% modeling quality after exporting successfully, however when I export to MT4 it still has the old modeling quality. My MT4 is successfully connected to Tickstory as when I press "launch MT4" it does go to my terminal.

tickstory

Re: TickstoryInfoExpert & Data Export

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ebarrow123,

The EA will only work if there are ticks coming in. You can see the status in the "Journal" tab.

If you are after your symbol settings, the TickstoryInfoExpert method has now been superseded by a more simple way of getting your Symbol settings. All you need to do now is select your symbol in the "MT4 Settings"->"Map to" field in the MT4 Export dialog. Once you do, your symbol settings will automatically be detected.

Regarding the 99% modelling quality, please refer to our FAQ on trouble-shooting this issue. If this does not resolve your issue, kindly send us screenshots of the following so we can assist further:

1) The Tickstory "Export to MT4" settings you are using (including the "MT4 Settings" tab)
2) The MT4 Strategy Tester window (which shows the symbol name)
3) Your "MT4 Data Folder" FXT contents (go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history and take a screenshot).
4) The 'Report' tab in the Strategy Tester (which shows the modelling quality).
5) The Strategy Tester "Journal" tab after you have completed a back-test.

Thanks.