0% modelling quality in Metatrader 5

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
KirkWheeler

0% modelling quality in Metatrader 5

Post by KirkWheeler »

When I run the back test thru my strategy tester the history quality comes out as 0% after is used Tickstory data. Is that ok?

tickstory

Re: 0% modelling quality in Metatrader 5

Post by tickstory »

Hi KirkWheeler,

That doesn't sound correct - you should be getting 99.9% modelling quality when testing with the "Every tick model" in MT4. If you haven't already, could you please check out this video on the basic steps on how to test with Metatrader 4. If you are still not seeing 99.9% modelling quality on your MT4 report, our FAQ outlines a check-list of the reasons why this might be happening.

And finally, if you are still having difficulty, we can help further if you can give more details such as screenshots of your export settings and your report results.

Thanks.

KirkWheeler

Post by KirkWheeler »

I think I did it correctly. I am using MT5. Also I paid for a years pro version and got a license but it still only allows me to download history of 2 at a time. I thought it was unlimited? here is a quick video of what I did and how Im testing. https://watch.screencastify.com/v/TFV4Ii2mlfSYhHqLIbqZ

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kirk,

You can set the number of simultaneous downloads in the File->Settings->General section. As part of your subscription, you are also getting access to our own higher bandwidth servers which will be accessing data several times faster than the standard Dukascopy servers (although do note that connections are throttled accordingly to ensure all users experience optimal access).

Regarding your video - thanks very much for the details, it's very helpful. From what I can see at 1:07 on the video, you are importing a tick data file that is only 3kb. That doesn't sound right. Please ensure you export the full dates for the tick data. It should end up being a large file (i.e. in the order of hundred of megabytes for each year exported).

Once you import the data into Metatrader's History Center, you can check that everything is imported correctly for the date range by clicking the "Ticks" (and "Bars) tab and then pressing the "Request" button (refer to 0:45 in your video) This will show you all the data for the given start/end dates. If you don't see the data there, or only a small amount), something has gone wrong during the import process (eg. you have not exported the tick data from Tickstory correctly and/or you have not exported the same date range as you nominated during your test).

Hope this helps.