Data not syncing to portable instance of MT4

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
dedreduplessis

Data not syncing to portable instance of MT4

Post by dedreduplessis »

I really hope someone can help me.

Facts of the issue: (I don't know how to add screenshots to this Forum, will try my best and see if it works, otherwise there is a GoogleDrive Link with all the screenshots)
-I have my MT4 terminal installed as a portable MT4.
-I checked that everything is configured properly.
-When I go to my data folder I can see clearly where it's located (on the portable drive I have "F:")
-There is no local installation of MT4 on my computer. Only the portable version.
-TickStory is installed on the same portable drive as the MT4 terminal.
-My MT4 terminal is set to "Max Bars in History: 2147483647"
-My TickStory settings seems to be correct. (According to other forum posts I read)
-My export settings seems to be correct. (According to other forum posts I read)
- I need to export roughly 28 pairs of M1 data for the past two years.
-I am using TickStory version 1.9.7.0 if that makes a difference. (Standard)

Explanation:
Originally I had my MT4 terminal installed on my local drive. But with the first download I ran out of disk space (I have a small SSD).
After reading numerous posts about the space issue, I researched how to install a portable instance of MT4 and did that. I also removed any local installation of MT4 instances.
I also re-installed TickStory to the portable drive (F:). But it does seem like some data still seeps through to my AppData>>Roaming>>TickStory.
I initiated the export, as seen in the screenshots, for only the M1 data.
When I launch my MT4 through TickStory, NONE of the data shows up in my charts, and only shows until 31 March 2020 which is 9 days back.
The only files I see in the folder (F:\TickStory) is "BI5" files.
I have tried the import function on the MT4 history centre, but when I choose the folder where I know the downloaded data is stored, it says no file found.

I think that is all the information I have, unless someone has a question I can answer to clarify.

I need to get the data onto my portable instance of MT4, and with 3 days of trying everything I have read on the forums, it just doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

dedreduplessis

Re: Data not syncing to portable instance of MT4

Post by dedreduplessis »

tickstory

Re: Data not syncing to portable instance of MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dedreduplessis,

Kindly check your private messages.

Thanks.