Error occurred during download (Cannot create file that already exists)

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
danyz1982

Error occurred during download (Cannot create file that already exists)

Post by danyz1982 »

Hi,

while downloading historical data for some pairs, I'm getting the attached error. I'm using the latest version of TS.
What do I need to do about it? Thanks!
Daniele
Attachments
download error.PNG

danyz1982

Re: Error occurred during download (Cannot create file that already exists)

Post by danyz1982 »

EDIT: this error occurs while exporting the downloaded data, and now while downloading it

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Danyz1982,

If the error isn't recurring, then it means Tickstory has recovered from it. This type of error may occur if you are attempting to download/export the same symbol twice.

Hope this helps.

danyz1982

Post by danyz1982 »

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I usually export 1m bars and ticks at the same time, for the same pair. Are you saying that this should be avoided?
And what do you mean by recurring? As you can see from the screenshot the error popped up a number of times, within the same export session. The export ends successfully, I'm just wondering whether the exported data is reliable or not?
Cheers,

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Danyz1982,

The error would only occur in the specific circumstance that the two export processes were downloading exactly the same data at the same time. The system automatically retries on these sorts of errors, so there should be no issue.

Regarding the "recurring error" - it just means that if exactly the same message (i.e. same symbol and exactly the same file eg. 01h_ticks.bi5) then you could be running into something unusual. That said, Tickstory will automatically continue and retry and if at any point it cannot recover, you will get an error denoting that the download could not proceed. In all other situations, your export should be complete with all the required data.

Hope this clarifies.