Lite vs Standard speed

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Sireal

Lite vs Standard speed

Post by Sireal »

Hello all,

I see where it's claimed that paying for the standard version will increase download speeds and exporting. What I am noticing with the lite version is what I consider to be frustratingly slow downloads and only slightly faster exports. I know in theory it should be faster with the paid version but what have the majority of users that upgraded found to be the reality? I don't mind paying if it does in fact speed things up. Thanks

tickstory

Re: Lite vs Standard speed

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sireal,

The licensed/subscription version uses multiple threads as opposed to a single thread which can improve the performance significantly. Of course, this does depend on your PC specification, internet connection and the load on the data servers at any given time. Note also that once the data is downloaded, the extra multi-threading will continue to be much more perfomant (up to several times faster) than the Lite version for subsequent exports. Users who have an active subscription will always be operating in this mode.

You are welcome to try the Standard version at no risk. We would advise you try it over a few days and if it doesn't meet your expectations, please let us know.

It's also worthwhile mentioning that we are working on aggregating the data for our subscribers in the future. Part of the reason for the time-overhead in downloading is that the data is segmented on an hourly basis. Once the data is aggregated, the performance will be much better.

Thanks.

Sireal

Post by Sireal »

I upgraded to the standard version and I'll give it a go. I ran into another issue when I try to import the .csv into Multicharts. MC sees the files and downloads the data from my local drive but the bars are completely scrambled. Can I get the appropriate export settings for Multicharts please?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sireal,

Thanks for your purchase. Do you have the exact format that is expected for import and we can give you a suggested import format.
This page in our manual will also be useful if you want to try yourself.

Thanks.