MT4 not displaying all data

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
alexchatzopoulos

Re: MT4 not displaying all data

Post by alexchatzopoulos »

Hey TickStory

I have the same problem, I have imported all the files I need to my mt4 but again when I set the date I want to start the backtesting (2011) it starts from 2023.

The history center has only history date from 2023. how can I add all the data I need for backtesting to my history center (2011-2023)

Thank you in advance!

tickstory

Re: MT4 not displaying all data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Alex,

A few things to check:

- Make sure that in your Tool->Options that you have set the maximum bars for chart and history to the maximum allowable values (see screenshot). Just put 999999999999 in there and MT4 will automatically set it to the max.

- In the history center, check to see if the history dates you exported are there. Check under the timeframe (you can also check the File->Open Offline option if you want to check the dates available for FXT/tick data).

- When you are back-testing, uncheck the "Use dates" option to see if it tests for all dates. In some situations, MT4 might not handle the large dataset so well so you will need to test the entire range and/or reduce your exported dataset size to a few years.

- If all the above checks out ok, please use a simple EA like "MACD Sample". It might be the case that your EA is not trading for some reason, so this EA should ensure you are getting trades at all times.

- Finally, make sure you are disconnected from your broker just in case it is overwriting your existing data. After doing this, you will need to re-export again and check the points above. You can disconnect from your broker by going to File->Login to Trade Account and typing an incorrect password.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
MT4 Max Bars Setting.jpg