MT4 not displaying all data

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
erpthetrader

MT4 not displaying all data

Post by erpthetrader »

so how can i properly have that backtest that data on my mt4 because when i did a run it started at 2020 but i know i have 2011-2020 data its just not opening it , do i add the FX choice folder in the 10 year data folder ?? and mind you when i open tickstory i click the left corner "Launch mt4 for backtesting and still no data yet my 1TB is half full..
Attachments
tick fix 2.png
tick fix 3.png
tick fix 4.png

erpthetrader

Re: MT4 & External Drives ('F' Drive download)

Post by erpthetrader »

and the way i down load the data is by clicking "Export to MT4" then selecting then checking the 3 timeframes is there a step im missing ???
Attachments
tick fix.png
tick fix 1.png

tickstory

Re: MT4 not displaying all data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erpthetrader,

If you are sure that your 'Data folder' is correctly set to your portable location (i.e. you select File->Open Data Folder and it goes to your portable location), then here are some further things to check:

- It is not recommended that you share data folders between two different terminals. You will likely run into difficulties as each terminal has its own configuration information. Export the data only for the one terminal and use this for testing.
- In Metatrader, please go to Tools->Options->Charts and set "Max bars in history" and "Max bars in chart" to a very large number - say 999999999999. This will ensure that all your data is visible.
- In Metatrader, go to Tools->History Center and browse the data for the symbol you are testing. Is all the data there?
- When you are testing, uncheck the 'Use dates' checkbox. This Metatrader feature sometimes does not work correctly if the dataset is too large.
- And finally, if all the above-mentioned items check out ok, then it might be that you are seeing a Metatrader limitation whereby it cannot process the entire FXT dataset due to memory or another similar issue. If this is the case, the solution is to keep your data-set under 4GB of data (approx 2 years), and see if this resolves the problem.

Hope this helps.

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

what do you mean 2 terminals ?? and once again this was able to work before so it has nothing to do with space... I dont see any FXT files all i see is what the screenshots i sent...my 1TB is only half becuase of all the data i have but i cant even access it please help
Attachments
tick aggy.png
tick aggy 2.png
tick aggy 3.png

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

is this better ?
Attachments
aggy 5.png
tick aggy 4.png

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

it works !!! THANK YOU , i will make a video one day to help others like me , thank you for being patient @tickstory you need a raise

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erptrader - great to hear that it's working. Don't need a raise - your thanks is more than enough ;)

For the record, could you please tell us what was the missing? We'll look to adding this in any future documentation/assistance.

Thanks.

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

ok i only have one minor issue its only showing the daily data and im going to see why but i made sure to check the click box on 1H , 4H and Daily

erpthetrader

Post by erpthetrader »

So everything is fixed ! , works perfectly fine. Thank you Tickstory the problem was not on your end, my laptop would die when its downloading data so when i reopen it only downloaded the daily , i let it finish and all my data is there thanks you once again ! now i can get back to backtesting with accurate data

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Brilliant! Great to hear, Erpthetrader! Happy back-testing ;)