Modelling data only 34%

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
ezraluandre

Modelling data only 34%

Post by ezraluandre »

Hi I have a problem with getting the 99.9 modelling tick data. I already follow the step in youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=084k9fJCeCY) to configure it and when I try to backtest it the result is somewhere around 34%. Anyone knows how to make it into 99.9%?

PS: I didn't find every tick option in my MT4. I'm using OANDA-MT4 version 4 build 1320

tickstory

Re: Modelling data only 34%

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ezraluandre,

In the first instance, please check out our FAQ that addresses this question. This will hopefully help you resolve your issue.

Thanks.

ezraluandre

Post by ezraluandre »

Hi thank you for the reply, I already did everything from the FAQ, I did:
1. launch mt4 from the tick story
2. reexport the MT4 database
3. ensuring that the correct currency pair is donwloaded.

but again the result is around 38%. When I try to launch the MT4 from the tickstory there's a warning written "No official support is available for this feature and it could stop working with future version of MT4". Should I be alarmed with this notification?

And I delete the data that downloaded earlier from MT4 and left the data folder with the tickstory alone. I found out when I backtest again, MT4 automatically downloaded the new data and not using the one from tickstory (Picture attached). Is there a way for MT4 not downloading the new data?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Last edited by ezraluandre on Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi ezraluandre,

Thanks for the screenshot. It appears that your symbol in your MT4 terminal is called (exactly) "EURUSD-e" (without quotes). As noted in the FAQ, you will need to tell Tickstory that so it can write the corresponding data for that symbol. You can do that by specifying the "Map to" field when exporting. This will resolve your problem. Please refer to the above-mentioned FAQ for more information on this. It also contains a link to the manual of how to map your symbol.

Regarding the notification popup, this is only a message and not an error.

Thanks.