Transferring / Installing Tick Story To Another Drive

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
EpicTrader

Transferring / Installing Tick Story To Another Drive

Post by EpicTrader »

Hello,

I purchased a tick story license and the program is working great. I have one issue. I cannot seem to be able to install the program on a different drive than the primary drive. I downloaded a lot of data and I want to transfer everything to a bigger storage drive. Would you please be able to assist me with this. I have meta trader installed to an external drive, and the data is exporting correctly. I want to transfer everything to the same, bigger, drive keeping all the data I already downloaded with the program.

Thank you for your assistance.

tickstory

Re: Transferring / Installing Tick Story To Another Drive

Post by tickstory »

Hi EpicTrader,

In order to use Metatrader on another drive, you will need to configure Metatrader to use "portable" mode. This mode allows you to store your Metatrader application and your data together on a location other than the C: drive.

For more information on setting up portable mode, please see our manual here:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... _tickstory

You can also find other useful information by searching our forum for the keyword "portable".

Once you've set up portable mode and exported your data, you should be able to back-test your data from your external drive.

If you have any problems, could you send us a screenshot of your setup and any other useful information.

Thanks!