MT4 Launcher

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
iRick

MT4 Launcher

Post by iRick »

I've just upgraded for the sole purpose of using the Launcher to back test at 99.9%

But it's just not working, I have my installation on a different drive (D:) rather than the typical C:Program Files....

And even though I point the Installation to the D drive folder, it just won't open, it tries to open an original/un-configured C:Program files version and migrate the files across (but fails)

I've also tried a command line arg to force the D drive version to open

Is it possible to open this other installation for back test purposes or have I just wasted my time and money upgrading?

tickstory

Re: MT4 Launcher

Post by tickstory »

Hi iRick,

If you would like to install MT4 and all your data in the same location (eg. D:\MT4), then Metatrader has a mode called "portable mode" which allows you to do this.
If using Metatrader's portable mode, you will need to configure this in Tickstory by specifying the "/portable" command-line parameter. This will start Metatrader in portable mode. This configuration is described in our manual here. (Here is also a thread that may have further helpful information.)

If you are still having issues, could you please post a screenshot of your configuration and the problem.

Thanks.

iRick

Post by iRick »

Ah-ha.... that seems to have sorted the issue

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Excellent! You're welcome.