Timezone Confusion!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
ytalofelipe

Timezone Confusion!

Post by ytalofelipe »

Ok, i contacted ICMarkets to ask what's their timezone. They responded "To align the daily chart candles with New York close (5pm ET) IC Markets server time and charts are GMT + 2 or GMT + 3 when daylight savings is in effect."

But on Tickstory there's no GMT + 2 or GMT + 3, instead there's many city's around the world which UTC term, instead GMT, and many city's which the same UTC timezone, if i have to choose UTC +3 it's very frustrating to know wtf i'm doing. I'm very confused, and i have no idea which one i should use. Please, someone help me!

tickstory

Re: Timezone Confusion!

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ytalofelipe,

Maybe this thread will help: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2353 (search for "IC Markets" in our forum for more).

Thanks.

ytalofelipe

Post by ytalofelipe »

Thank you!
How do i deactivate the Daylight savings to be always On? Because i want it to be OFF for some of city's of "Adjust timezone" List. And looks like all are stuck in Daylight savings, without option to deactivate it.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ytalofelipe,

The timezone information is taken directly from Windows so they cannot be edited. There are only 2 custom time-zones that have been created specifically for traders which are at the top of the list (European trading and New York trading).

If a suitable time-zone doesn't exist in your list, it means that the time-zone is not used by any country/city in the world and would be considered "custom". You might be able to find something suitable by looking at a matching UTC offset and then seeing if there is one selection that doesn't use DST.

Before that, if a suitable time-zone doesn't exist in the list, I would be asking the question about what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps.