MT5: Tester stopped because OnInit returns non-zero code 1

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
Mentorfx

MT5: Tester stopped because OnInit returns non-zero code 1

Post by Mentorfx »

Hello,

I did everything according to the manual - https://tickstory.com/how-to-import-tic ... atrader-5/

It always shows me this error in MT5 journal:

2020.06.24 15:49:39.999 Core 1 tester stopped because OnInit returns non-zero code 1

Note: Original MT5 backtest work OK (No error).

Where is the problem?

tickstory

Re: MT5: Tester stopped because OnInit returns non-zero code 1

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mentorfx,

The error seems to indicate that your EA is failing to initialize properly for some reason. If you have the source code, you will need to debug it to find out why. If it is authored by someone else, maybe the error Journal will tell you more. Otherwise, you will need to contact the vendor to find out why.

Thanks.

Mentorfx

Post by Mentorfx »

tickstory wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:46 pm
Hi Mentorfx,

The error seems to indicate that your EA is failing to initialize properly for some reason. If you have the source code, you will need to debug it to find out why. If it is authored by someone else, maybe the error Journal will tell you more. Otherwise, you will need to contact the vendor to find out why.

Thanks.
Hello,

There is nothing to fix. In front test and original backtest EA works without any error in log. Why doesn't it work with tickstory?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

The error is being generated from MT5 and your EA so we are limited in knowing what is causing your issue. There are many reasons why the EA might returning a "non-zero code OnInit". Does it work with tick data? Is it dependent on certain symbol properties, etc? I would recommend you test on a standard EA to establish whether your tick back-tests are working ok. After that, it will require further understanding why your EA is throwing an error.

Thanks.