MT4 Build 1212/1220 and portable mode

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
bozservis

MT4 Build 1212/1220 and portable mode

Post by bozservis »

[quote="tickstory"]Hi Bozservis,

Thanks for pointing this out. We just updated the FAQ to reflect that the Lite version now supports the most recent versions of Metatrader 4. Please install the latest version and give it a go.

And yet, in "Tickstory v1.9.5 Released" you say:
"v1.9.5.1 (12 / Sep / 2019)
• [artf361027] New - MT4 Launcher: Support for Build 1212 ", but not 1220.
I will describe my situation in more detail: MT4 is installed on another disk. The path to it and to the data is specified correctly. When MT4 starts up, a message (attachment) comes out of Tickstory. In addition, Tickstory creates a data path folder in C: \ Users \ AppData \ Roaming \ MetaQuotes \ Terminal \ C9196D ...... But I indicated the path to them (on another disk). What is my problem?
Thanks.
Attachments
Tickstory.png

tickstory

Re: MT4 Build 1212/1220 and portable mode

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bozservis,

Thanks for the further information. Regarding the 2 issues you mentioned:

1) v1.9.5.1+ supports Build 1212 and 1220. The release notes do not say this because Tickstory was released to support Build 1212. It just so happens that no change is required to support Build 1220. Therefore, there has been no further release and no further release notes. Hopefully that clarifies the point that v1.9.5.1+ will work with Build 1220.

Regarding your launcher issue, please see our FAQ for trouble-shooting this here: https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... cher_error
Also, make sure you have no other software installed that integrates with Metatrader 4 as this will also cause the launcher error.

2) In order to have the same installation and data folder location (eg: d:\metatrader4), you need to configure "portable" mode. Please consult the Tickstory manual to configure this. You can also seek additional help by searching "portable" in this forum.

Thanks.

bozservis

Post by bozservis »

tickstory wrote:Hi Bozservis,

Thanks for the further information. Regarding the 2 issues you mentioned:

1) v1.9.5.1+ supports Build 1212 and 1220. The release notes do not say this because Tickstory was released to support Build 1212. It just so happens that no change is required to support Build 1220. Therefore, there has been no further release and no further release notes. Hopefully that clarifies the point that v1.9.5.1+ will work with Build 1220.

Regarding your launcher issue, please see our FAQ for trouble-shooting this here: https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... cher_error
Also, make sure you have no other software installed that integrates with Metatrader 4 as this will also cause the launcher error.

2) In order to have the same installation and data folder location (eg: d:\metatrader4), you need to configure "portable" mode. Please consult the Tickstory manual to configure this. You can also seek additional help by searching "portable" in this forum.

Thanks.
Thank you for helping me go one step further. Now MT4 launches, but cannot test at 99.9%. As before, 90%, although the export of data is done in the correct folder. Also, the inscription "MT4 with Tickstory ..." does not appear on top of MT4. I tried on two different computers - the result is the same. Apparently I'm doing something wrong. How can this be fixed?
Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bozservis,

Please see our FAQ which lists the causes of not getting 99.9% modelling quality:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality

Thanks.