Start MT4 shortcut (via tickstory), parameter

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
fintrad0

Start MT4 shortcut (via tickstory), parameter

Post by fintrad0 »

Hello all,
I already know that MT4 is installed in different folders (data, application).
But I found an instruction how to install them into the same folder by adding the parameter "/portable" at the end of a shortcut linked to "terminal.exe".

The problem is: Unfortunately tickstory does not start the shortcut to MT4 because it looks for an executable file in the specified path.

Is there any way to force tickstory to start MT4 via shortcut?

The reason is, that my drive C:\ has too less disk-space in order to contain all the downloaded history files. So I had to install tickstory and MT4 on drive E:\ .

I appreciate all your ideas to solve the problem because my license ends within 4 weeks and I would like to verify my strategies with the newest data.

Thansk for your help!

Regards
Werner

tickstory

Re: Start MT4 shortcut (via tickstory), parameter

Post by tickstory »

Hi Werner,

Tickstory allows you to specify start-up command-line parameters to Metatrader as it launches it. This includes the "/portable" setting. Please check out our manual on this topic here:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... _tickstory

Once you have set up the /portable switch, close your Metatrader instance and use only Tickstory to launch.

Thanks.

fintrad0

Post by fintrad0 »

Many thanks for your reply and sorry, for my ignorance. Althoug I saw this textbox but I didn't get how to deal with it.

Werner

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Not a problem, Werner, we are here to help!

Just as an extra tip, if you ever have any other issues, you can often find a quick answer by searching for the specific keywords (eg. "portable") in this forum. Of course, there is also our FAQ and user manual that might help as given in the link above.

Kind regards.