MT5 Historical Tick data files

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
djroj2001

MT5 Historical Tick data files

Post by djroj2001 »

Hi,

Could you let me know where MT5 stores the historical bar and tick data for my custom symbols after I import the csv files I download from Tickstory? I know where the Tickstory files are, as I selected the location, but I am interested to know where MT5 historical data is stored for the custom symbols I created?

Grateful for the information.

Thanks

tickstory

Re: MT5 Historical Tick data files

Post by tickstory »

Hi Djroj2001,

The custom data files reside in the Metatrader 5 Data Folder (File->Open Data Folder) and then the bases/Custom sub-folder. They are in the native HCC and TCKS format, so unfortunately they can't be used directly.

Regards.

djroj2001

Post by djroj2001 »

Great, that’s what I wanted to know. Thank you

djroj2001

Post by djroj2001 »

Actually, one more question:

Do you know if I can do the following:

Download 1 year of data, create a custom symbol and import the bars and ticks. Then at some point in the future, download an extra 1 or 2 years of data for this symbol and add it to my existing custom symbol?

This would avoid me having to delete and re-download the data, as well as not having to delete my custom symbols and recreate them.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Djroj2001,

Incremental updates is a feature we are working on, however for the moment, I'm not sure if it's possible in MT5 to simply import the missing data? I'm not sure that you need to delete the entire history of the custom symbol?

Thanks.