Empty data for USDBRL (Brazil)

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
bgco

Empty data for USDBRL (Brazil)

Post by bgco »

Hi,

Just to inform upfront that im no expert in using this tool. Just downloaded it, because data from brokers in Brazil are pretty bad.

When I try to download ticks/bars, to export to MT5, the csv files are empty (0kbts). I tried to look up on the "see data", or chart, and the same thing, nothing shows. I followed the instructions provided in the video.

What am I doing wrong? BTW, I was testing with a small period of time just to see how it went (2019).

Best regards

tickstory

Re: Empty data for USDBRL (Brazil)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bcgo,

Thanks for the feedback. It appears that Dukascopy traded this pair starting in 2007 and stopped around Jan 2013. The available historical data covers this period, after which there is unfortunately no data. Presumably this is due to low liquidity/trading activity with this pair.

We've looked across the additional data sources we will be bringing online shortly and unfortunately they don't seem to trade the USDBRL pair either. If you have any suggestions of where we can source this data, please let us know.

Thanks.

bgco

Post by bgco »

Hey,

Thank you for the fast answer!

Kind regards

Dan Tal

Post by Dan Tal »

Good Morning! Is the USDBRL pair already updated in the Lite version or in the professional versions?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dan,

USDBRL has been discontinued - this applies to all versions. Please see this page for any updates as we get them.

Thanks.