Reset the dates of downloaded data

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
djroj2001

Reset the dates of downloaded data

Post by djroj2001 »

Hi,

When I download data for testing, I often delete the HST and FXT files afterwards to save space. I then just re-download the required date range again next time I want to test a currency pair.

I notice however that when I delete the files, the date range of the last download (date from and date to) remains in the main panel. This means that even when I download a later date range, the earlier "from" date is not reset. Is there a way to change this and reset the date ranges displayed (to show blank) each time I want to delete the data for a currency pair?

Thanks

tickstory

Re: Reset the dates of downloaded data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Drroj2001,

The 'From' date in the download/export window denotes the earliest date for the data you have previously downloaded (i.e. not the data that exists in Metatrader).

Thanks.

djroj2001

Post by djroj2001 »

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I understand that.

However I am asking if there is a way to change it? I prefer to only see the current relevant "from" date, rather than previous downloads that are no longer relevant to me.

Any help if it's possible to change this appreciated.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Djroj2001,

Sorry, it's not fully clear what your requirement is. Are you saying that the "from" date field for MT4 exports needs to be the same as your previous MT4 export? Or somehow related to the FXT files that are in your MT4 terminal?

Thanks.

djroj2001

Post by djroj2001 »

Basically I just want to be able to reset the "to" and "from" dates to be blank again (like nothing was ever downloaded).

Is this possible?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Unfortunately it's not possible at the moment. We're just trying to understand whether this would be a feature that makes sense for other users to consider it for a future version.
The general direction for these settings is that we either assume a setting and then allow users to access a "shortcut range" button (such as "1 year") to quickly select dates.
FYI, in future versions we are planning for users to set their date range and Tickstory will automatically build the missing data in that range.

Hope this helps.